Bullnose Forums

We'll call her Rahab

tdm3

Sorry to hear about your mom.

My sister took care of the paperwork for mom & dad but I had to do the lifting & moved of dads things, mom was in a nursing home for years so we gave away here things us kids did not want but it was still a lot of work.

CV wheels never gave that a thought and 16" to boot!

How wide or the wheels, 6"?

Dave ----

Thank you.

From bead seat to bead seat they are 7".

Not a whole lot to report on Rahab. My mother died in December and have been very busy trying to get her affairs all sorted in another state. Hopefully, I'm about to the end of that road.

I did purchase some tires and rims. Now remember that this is going to be a working truck. It may later morph to something else, but she's going to be used heavy. As this is an '80 F100 it has the passenger car bolt pattern. So a trip to the local salvage yard secured a set of 16" steel wheels from a Crown Victoria to which I mounted a new set of Westlake 235/70-16s.

Under the hood I have the 5.0 all disconnected and ready to pull. 289 is ready to go in. Just a matter of getting to it now.

By the way, in Sparta Tennessee there is a salvage yard by the name of Mahan's. He has a yard full of F series Fords from the 60s through the 90s. I have no affiliation with him other than I buy parts there. Good source of used parts if you're close enough. Lots of Bullnose bodies.

Hope this finds all the forum members well.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. 😟

But glad to hear you still have a yard where you can get parts.

I'm well and hope you are too!

Thanks for the update.

Glad your truck is coming together. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not a whole lot to report on Rahab. My mother died in December and have been very busy trying to get her affairs all sorted in another state. Hopefully, I'm about to the end of that road.

I did purchase some tires and rims. Now remember that this is going to be a working truck. It may later morph to something else, but she's going to be used heavy. As this is an '80 F100 it has the passenger car bolt pattern. So a trip to the local salvage yard secured a set of 16" steel wheels from a Crown Victoria to which I mounted a new set of Westlake 235/70-16s.

Under the hood I have the 5.0 all disconnected and ready to pull. 289 is ready to go in. Just a matter of getting to it now.

By the way, in Sparta Tennessee there is a salvage yard by the name of Mahan's. He has a yard full of F series Fords from the 60s through the 90s. I have no affiliation with him other than I buy parts there. Good source of used parts if you're close enough. Lots of Bullnose bodies.

Hope this finds all the forum members well.

Yes, sorry about your mother. That hurts a lot, for a long time.

As for the truck, your plans appear to be coming together. Just do it as you can and eventually you will get there.

Yes, sorry about your mother. That hurts a lot, for a long time.

As for the truck, your plans appear to be coming together. Just do it as you can and eventually you will get there.

Thank you folks.

• 1 month later...

The forum doesn't recognize the metadata in attachments.

You need to rotate it on your device and save it.

Then link or upload the saved image.

So, tell us more about your 289! 😉

Thank you for that. Not sure I understand metadata, but I'll play with the image next time. It showed to be correct when I downloaded to my computer but then posting here it rotated. First time I've had that problem.

As far as the 289 goes: The engine is bored .040 over with flattops and a little bit of a bumpy cam but nothing radical. Also have a 1850 list holley 600 cfm to round out the picture. I had a bigger cam selected but I'm using the factory '65 heads and they have limited room in the valve spring area. Engine builder caught that. Specs for cam said it would work with stock springs and heights, but taint so. So I bought another and have one I need to sell that's never been spun in an engine.

Also had the valves enlarged as the older, smaller ones are getting hard to come by. Not that I didn't want more flow, but I also didn't want to pay the machining costs. Oh, well.

David

Thank you for that. Not sure I understand metadata, but I'll play with the image next time. It showed to be correct when I downloaded to my computer but then posting here it rotated. First time I've had that problem.

As far as the 289 goes: The engine is bored .040 over with flattops and a little bit of a bumpy cam but nothing radical. Also have a 1850 list holley 600 cfm to round out the picture. I had a bigger cam selected but I'm using the factory '65 heads and they have limited room in the valve spring area. Engine builder caught that. Specs for cam said it would work with stock springs and heights, but taint so. So I bought another and have one I need to sell that's never been spun in an engine.

Also had the valves enlarged as the older, smaller ones are getting hard to come by. Not that I didn't want more flow, but I also didn't want to pay the machining costs. Oh, well.

David

David, embedded in the photo file is data not only about the camera orientation, but time and date, GPS location, the device used to take the picture, ISO, shutter speed, etc...

Lots of devices are 'smart enough' but since this forum doesn't understand that you have to save your picture in the proper orientation.

Glad your engne builder caught that. 😳

You have a lightweight truck, so the ol' 289 should do just fine in there. :nabble_smiley_good: