Bullnose Forums

We'll call her Rahab

tdm3

Haven't worked on the truck herself but have been assembling the 289. A couple of poor pictures here to prove she exists. I have a set of valve covers coming, used but more attractive than these. Oil pan will come from the engine currently in the truck. Ordered a new oil pickup to fit the truck pan. It is progressing. I hate cold weather and find getting motivated in the winter more difficult. Woe is me...

David

My covers were used.

They cleaned up nicely, and really set off the engine

Yep, my valve covers for both Dad's and Big Blue's engines were used, but turned out pretty nice.

Here are BB's:

And here's one of the covers for Dad's truck:

Hey Gary, How 'bout not posting those kinds of pictures on my project page...you make Rahab and me both look bad. There's no way my build is going to be to that level. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hey Gary, How 'bout not posting those kinds of pictures on my project page...you make Rahab and me both look bad. There's no way my build is going to be to that level. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And is that last picture taken in a local hospital surgery? Goodness!

• 7 months later...

Sorry. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yes, that's the Garagemahal. It really isn't that clean, but it sure is fun to work in. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Not a whole lot to report on Rahab. My mother died in December and have been very busy trying to get her affairs all sorted in another state. Hopefully, I'm about to the end of that road.

I did purchase some tires and rims. Now remember that this is going to be a working truck. It may later morph to something else, but she's going to be used heavy. As this is an '80 F100 it has the passenger car bolt pattern. So a trip to the local salvage yard secured a set of 16" steel wheels from a Crown Victoria to which I mounted a new set of Westlake 235/70-16s.

Under the hood I have the 5.0 all disconnected and ready to pull. 289 is ready to go in. Just a matter of getting to it now.

By the way, in Sparta Tennessee there is a salvage yard by the name of Mahan's. He has a yard full of F series Fords from the 60s through the 90s. I have no affiliation with him other than I buy parts there. Good source of used parts if you're close enough. Lots of Bullnose bodies.

Hope this finds all the forum members well.

20200725_151236.jpg.f268636539595cd7abd0630f49083bbc.jpg

20200725_151255(1).jpg.f887a86aada6d65139abcec80a1987ab.jpg

Not a whole lot to report on Rahab. My mother died in December and have been very busy trying to get her affairs all sorted in another state. Hopefully, I'm about to the end of that road.

I did purchase some tires and rims. Now remember that this is going to be a working truck. It may later morph to something else, but she's going to be used heavy. As this is an '80 F100 it has the passenger car bolt pattern. So a trip to the local salvage yard secured a set of 16" steel wheels from a Crown Victoria to which I mounted a new set of Westlake 235/70-16s.

Under the hood I have the 5.0 all disconnected and ready to pull. 289 is ready to go in. Just a matter of getting to it now.

By the way, in Sparta Tennessee there is a salvage yard by the name of Mahan's. He has a yard full of F series Fords from the 60s through the 90s. I have no affiliation with him other than I buy parts there. Good source of used parts if you're close enough. Lots of Bullnose bodies.

Hope this finds all the forum members well.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

My sister took care of the paperwork for mom & dad but I had to do the lifting & moved of dads things, mom was in a nursing home for years so we gave away here things us kids did not want but it was still a lot of work.

CV wheels never gave that a thought and 16" to boot!

How wide or the wheels, 6"?

Dave ----