Bullnose Forums

Behind the seat organizer shelf

Rembrant

Jim - Let's see if the normal way of inserting an image works better. And it sure looks better to me.

Here's the normal way:And here's the embedded version:https://sn3302files.storage.live.com/y4mZDQKALAoesjoQ96NDk9PkaS7_teF_lrSWzy0QiTG240f4sEF91S7Y17ohaYOlvWkDRvrVYW8C8FRKnWSMvEt8r5U-1LiraZPstq7q3JWiyLvuqX6U3sziHLKSId-ulkDy4Z7ZitbnkOz-9isBIrcJ9F5bc0gKA96-THPJTdXNNlbFVrAHyJllm_26VXNB8qT?width=1650&height=1275&cropmode=none
TYVM for showing me it's an artefact of having it essentially hotlinked, and not just an Android won't play with Windows thing. :nabble_smiley_cool:While I could understand what your drawing showed, for someone like me it is a lot easier to get a sense of the proportions when it's to scale.I DO appreciate that. :nabble_anim_handshake:What I thought was horizontal compression turns out to be a vertical stretch. 💡

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TYVM for showing me it's an artefact of having it essentially hotlinked, and not just an Android won't play with Windows thing. :nabble_smiley_cool:

While I could understand what your drawing showed, for someone like me it is a lot easier to get a sense of the proportions when it's to scale.

I DO appreciate that. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What I thought was horizontal compression turns out to be a vertical stretch. 💡

Yes, seeing them together does really point out the vertical stretch.

I'm sure I could fix it as the width and height pixel counts are hard coded in the embedding HTML. But that's for the "view" I "printed". So if I change the pixel counts and then change the view it'll be wonky a different way. So, the best way appears to be to just insert the image the standard way. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Yes, seeing them together does really point out the vertical stretch.

I'm sure I could fix it as the width and height pixel counts are hard coded in the embedding HTML. But that's for the "view" I "printed". So if I change the pixel counts and then change the view it'll be wonky a different way. So, the best way appears to be to just insert the image the standard way. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Looks good, it all adds up!:nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good, it all adds up!:nabble_smiley_good:

What it doesn't say is that the thickness of the dividers is usually 1/4". But, that would get busy in the drawing. And, the fabricator can use whatever thickness they want. For instance, if you used steel 1/4" would be waaaaaay too heavy, while in wood 1/4" might not be enough.

What it doesn't say is that the thickness of the dividers is usually 1/4". But, that would get busy in the drawing. And, the fabricator can use whatever thickness they want. For instance, if you used steel 1/4" would be waaaaaay too heavy, while in wood 1/4" might not be enough.

Using the dimensions found in this thread and this site, this weekend, I built this from ⅝ plywood and stained with tung oil. I secured it with the bolts that I believe are used to secure baby seats.

IMG_8010.jpeg.e95366607e01f7815558ff108c88e114.jpeg

I'll add a few more to my "Coming Out of Retirement" thread. Thank you for the guidance!

Using the dimensions found in this thread and this site, this weekend, I built this from ⅝ plywood and stained with tung oil. I secured it with the bolts that I believe are used to secure baby seats.

I'll add a few more to my "Coming Out of Retirement" thread. Thank you for the guidance!

Well done!

I like it! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps: