Bullnose Forums

Behind the seat organizer shelf

Rembrant

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Gary can have his three minutes in his fake time zone - I'm just stoked that I don't have to think any more today. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Bump... Did the gentleman named Trent have a chance to pass along the dimensions of the OEM behind the seat organizer by chance?!? I started hacking on some plywood today based upon the dimensions of the fiberglass one in this thread and on the forum link.

Bump... Did the gentleman named Trent have a chance to pass along the dimensions of the OEM behind the seat organizer by chance?!? I started hacking on some plywood today based upon the dimensions of the fiberglass one in this thread and on the forum link.

I don't know about Trent, but I have one with most of the measuring done. Will post up the dimensions tomorrow.

I don't know about Trent, but I have one with most of the measuring done. Will post up the dimensions tomorrow.

I have some measurements, but will try to draw it up later this evening:

• 53 1/2" wide x 15" high x 6 1/2" deep at base to 2 3/4" at top. But, it doesn't start angling for the first 3"

• Main compartment is 41 5/8" wide & the right compartment is 11 5/8" wide

• Bottom shelf is 6 1/2" high w/a 2" lip in front

• Middle shelf is 6 1/4" high w/a 2" lip

• Top shelf has a 2" lip and its compartments are 8"; 12"; 11 3/4"; & 8" wide from right to left

• Most walls and dividers are 1/4" thick, but bottom lip is 7/16" thick and the bottom plate is 3/8" thick

I have some measurements, but will try to draw it up later this evening:

• 53 1/2" wide x 15" high x 6 1/2" deep at base to 2 3/4" at top. But, it doesn't start angling for the first 3"

• Main compartment is 41 5/8" wide & the right compartment is 11 5/8" wide

• Bottom shelf is 6 1/2" high w/a 2" lip in front

• Middle shelf is 6 1/4" high w/a 2" lip

• Top shelf has a 2" lip and its compartments are 8"; 12"; 11 3/4"; & 8" wide from right to left

• Most walls and dividers are 1/4" thick, but bottom lip is 7/16" thick and the bottom plate is 3/8" thick

I suspect I speak for a lot of folks, "Thank You!"

I suspect I speak for a lot of folks, "Thank You!"

Here's a first pass at it. There's a glitch in the size of the little trays in the top that I hope to sort out tomorrow. But overall I think it is close.

Please let me know what would help you. And do you need a file to download? If so, what kind?

Behind_The_Seat_Storage.thumb.jpg.187a429b5abc5e8b9e88b62a0056c5a9.jpg

Here's a first pass at it. There's a glitch in the size of the little trays in the top that I hope to sort out tomorrow. But overall I think it is close.

Please let me know what would help you. And do you need a file to download? If so, what kind?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n81156/Behind_The_Seat_Storage.jpg

Looks good, how did the original attach in the truck did it just simply sit there? Or was it bolted in place?

With the exterior dimensions one could easily adapt it to replicate the other storage racks shown on here such as the one with the fishing rod rack or the locking gun cabinet.

Something I would consider doing myself could take and make it out of the same wood I use in the bed on my truck and stain it the same way.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n81156/Behind_The_Seat_Storage.jpg

Looks good, how did the original attach in the truck did it just simply sit there? Or was it bolted in place?

With the exterior dimensions one could easily adapt it to replicate the other storage racks shown on here such as the one with the fishing rod rack or the locking gun cabinet.

Something I would consider doing myself could take and make it out of the same wood I use in the bed on my truck and stain it the same way.

It originally was held in with Velcro. But I'm bolting mine down.