Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

No problem as it is. Don’t mean to cause more work. I understand not wanting to pin more things.

Actually, your suggestion was the impetus I needed to think about cleaning things up. But the first crack out of the box wasn't good, so now I have more cleanup to do.

What happened is that I decided I'd move the folder "2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th" into the Events/Garagemahal Ford Truck Shows folder. But the system wouldn't do it since we have the "s" in https now and it didn't recognize that as a valid permalink. So in the battle I wound up accidentally deleting the 2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th folder itself and dispersing all of the threads in the main section.

Now I have to go find those threads and put them into a folder I created called, oddly enough, 2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th. Not a big deal but it caused me a lot of angst last night. Fortunately my mentor in things Nabble, Greg, told me what the problem was and I can do it.

But then I need to think through what to do with other things that are pinned. So I'm thinking I'll start a thread about organizing them and see what others think. Yes?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, your suggestion was the impetus I needed to think about cleaning things up. But the first crack out of the box wasn't good, so now I have more cleanup to do.

What happened is that I decided I'd move the folder "2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th" into the Events/Garagemahal Ford Truck Shows folder. But the system wouldn't do it since we have the "s" in https now and it didn't recognize that as a valid permalink. So in the battle I wound up accidentally deleting the 2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th folder itself and dispersing all of the threads in the main section.

Now I have to go find those threads and put them into a folder I created called, oddly enough, 2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th. Not a big deal but it caused me a lot of angst last night. Fortunately my mentor in things Nabble, Greg, told me what the problem was and I can do it.

But then I need to think through what to do with other things that are pinned. So I'm thinking I'll start a thread about organizing them and see what others think. Yes?

Sure! If I was doing what you do, well I wouldn’t, but if I did I would have shot my computer last night!

:nabble_smiley_angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary!

Question: What is this "New Home Page" menu?

Using my iPhone or my desktop Mac gives the same, it appears as a blank page when trying to open it.

Thanks!

Good question! I don't remember what the plan was when I created that page, but there was nothing on it so I deleted it. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Good question! I don't remember what the plan was when I created that page, but there was nothing on it so I deleted it. Thanks!

Hopefully this is the right topic to post this to. Is there a function I haven't seen that's similar to New Posts on other forums? So far I've been using the Topic View and just scanning the Last Post column but I'm finding I'm missing stuff. If not - could there be? :D

Hopefully this is the right topic to post this to. Is there a function I haven't seen that's similar to New Posts on other forums? So far I've been using the Topic View and just scanning the Last Post column but I'm finding I'm missing stuff. If not - could there be? :D

Sorta. You can subscribe to any level you want. But to make sure you get them all you'd have to subscribe to the top level - like I've done. Otherwise someone will post in a folder you aren't subscribed to and you'll miss it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 5 weeks later...

Sorta. You can subscribe to any level you want. But to make sure you get them all you'd have to subscribe to the top level - like I've done. Otherwise someone will post in a folder you aren't subscribed to and you'll miss it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I did not think this fit out on the main page and thought it fit best here.

What went wrong?

In documentation if you click on Electrical> Ammeter> (left side menu) EVTM it sends you to the forum.

Same if you do Electrical> Electricity 099> (left side menu) EVTM

It works if you go Electrical> EVTM> drop down for the different years.

If that's the only link that points to the wrong place I would say Gary is doing a bang up job :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks for all the work you and others do on here :nabble_anim_handshake:

Dave ----

I did not think this fit out on the main page and thought it fit best here.

What went wrong?

In documentation if you click on Electrical> Ammeter> (left side menu) EVTM it sends you to the forum.

Same if you do Electrical> Electricity 099> (left side menu) EVTM

It works if you go Electrical> EVTM> drop down for the different years.

If that's the only link that points to the wrong place I would say Gary is doing a bang up job :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks for all the work you and others do on here :nabble_anim_handshake:

Dave ----

Thanks, Dave. But I'm not sure I understand. You said "In documentation if you click on Electrical> Ammeter> (left side menu) EVTM it sends you to the forum." But I don't have a left-side menu when I click on Electrical. Just the right-side menu shown below. And if I click on Ammeter it takes me to a page on them.

So, help me understand what you mean?

Screenshot_(71).thumb.png.1585e8511f6eeabe2396b8fc9eace90b.png

Thanks, Dave. But I'm not sure I understand. You said "In documentation if you click on Electrical> Ammeter> (left side menu) EVTM it sends you to the forum." But I don't have a left-side menu when I click on Electrical. Just the right-side menu shown below. And if I click on Ammeter it takes me to a page on them.

So, help me understand what you mean?

I dont know how you get the menus to pop up to the right?

In that screen shot you have the menu to the left

Ammeter

Electricity 099

EVTM

ETC.....

If you click on the "EVTM" it would send me back to the main forum page.

I would get to it by clicking on the 3 lines top left corner> Documentation> Electrical> Ammeter

and get that menu on the left. Click EVTM and get to main forum page.

Dave ----