Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

Sure - here you go.

But I will say that these were designed to fit an already customized radio bezel with a 3D printed trim ring to look factory-ish. So they won't really be useable as is. Overall the design is there but depending on how the hole gets cut in the bezel there will need to be some changes regarding moving the radio up/down, left/right, in/out. All of this would be easy to modify but again, would require modification :nabble_smiley_beam:

S8_Gen_2_Ultra_Radio_Bezel_Brackets.stl

Ah! Understood, it gives me a starting point though!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the measurements beforehand but it was still a lot bigger in person than I expected. The original onboard charger that came with the truck was mounted in the same spot but on the drivers side. It was a much smaller unit and only did one bank.

Had the day off so spent part of it working on the truck.

First was trying to get an understanding of the GVOD wiring. Didn't pay a ton of attention when it was removed from the original truck as it is color coded but since I am integrating it into the custom dash panel I need to understand the wiring a bit better. Think I have everything figured out but having some issues with the 4x4 lockout (blue wire with a male spade).

Figured it had to be scotchlok-ed into the 4x4 indicator down by the tcase which means it would be ground switched.

Chatted with support but they weren't sure since the unit is an older one. Fortunately Jonathan (F834) had a better diagram which confirmed the scotchlok.

So now I know the blue wire is looking for ground. Great. The problem is what when I checked that wire it didn't have any voltage. Not sure what is going on there.

Tabled that for the moment but welcome any suggestions on tests I can perform.

I don't care for scotchloks so made a jumper to go in the 4wd wire that is on the engine side of the firewall.

Moved on to the interior.

Cleared all the tools out and did some cleaning/vacuuming.

Installed all the seat/seatbelt bolts and then installed the carpet. I talked about the carpet back when I bought it but this is the mass backed essex. Right now I would say the fit is ok. The material quality is great but it isn't quite fitting like I expected. I haven't installed a carpet since the 65 Mustang in high school though and I've slept since then. Hopefully once I start working it around it will fit better. It was also in the 30's in the shop so no doubt that made the mass backing a bit less pliable.

Did some more work on the drivers side platform. Originally this platform was going to be for a fuse box, the duraspark, and the battery charger. Since the battery charger was way too big for this I gained a spot for something else.

The threaded rods will be cut off. Due to the overflow tank hose and the washer fluid pump wiring, this platform has to be raised higher than the passenger side one so the rods were used with nuts underneath to find the right height.

At this point I am thinking a second ssVEC might fill the empty spot. I don't have a need for it now but want to plan for it. I was going to place it in the spot near the firewall but with the cruise control there isn't enough height for it, let alone room to raise the lid. Now the plan is to place the duraspark in that spot, the fuse box will go where the duraspark is in the photo (near the motor), and the ssVEC will go in the corner near the washer fluid.

I was planning to stack the durasparks for a backup but since the cruise control prevents that I am thinking I will throw the spare directly underneath the in-use one and bolt them together. It won't get much air there but would last long enough until the top one is replaced.

Maybe it's the depth of seeing a Supercab stripped down and coming back to life or the quality of attention to detail, but something makes me read every page now and again. One of my favourite build threads!

Maybe it's the depth of seeing a Supercab stripped down and coming back to life or the quality of attention to detail, but something makes me read every page now and again. One of my favourite build threads!

Thanks Bryan and Gary.

It was a lot of fun and is now fun to use but looking back (even though it wasn't long ago) I can't believe the time I spent on the little things :nabble_anim_crazy:

Saw you mention the disappearance of your project thread so looking forward to your new one. If the state of your frame/engine/etc in your Welcome thread is any indication, I am very much looking forward to seeing the progression. :nabble_smiley_good: