Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

It's not quite as seamless as that Gary.

Your CAD program outputs (usually) an STL file that then is interpreted/modified by a slicer program which sets printer parameters and generates the Gcode that drives the printer.

This is often written to an SD card that is physically inserted in the printer.

For a brief overview https://www.xometry.com/resources/3d-printing/what-is-a-slicer-in-3d-printing/

That’s a good read, and a good explanation. Thanks, Jim. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s a good read, and a good explanation. Thanks, Jim. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary, my brother has 3 different printers (a Prusa, an Ender and one idk.. )

I'll say that I've been welcome to 'play' with them and I find that each has its own personality and needs the slicer tailored to the specific machine.

He has a much better handle on them and I often request some guidance. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I came across that writeup while trying to better understand what I was doing.

Xometry has a good library of articles on 3D in various forms. https://www.xometry.com/resources/3d-printing/

This is a very cool company.

They offer all kinds of advanced manufacturing and are not just a print farm like Shapeways.

They are more a broker that will bid your project and then send it to one of their contractors for fulfillment.

So, they offer all the various 3D printing they also do waterjet and laser cutting and engraving, CNC lathe and machine work, injection moulding, casting, sheet metal forming, extrusion and offer materials cut to size.

I think I spoke to you about having some 2 1/2" sheaves turned in Delrin.... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Sorry for the hijack Scott.

Gary, my brother has 3 different printers (a Prusa, an Ender and one idk.. )

I'll say that I've been welcome to 'play' with them and I find that each has its own personality and needs the slicer tailored to the specific machine.

He has a much better handle on them and I often request some guidance. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I came across that writeup while trying to better understand what I was doing.

Xometry has a good library of articles on 3D in various forms. https://www.xometry.com/resources/3d-printing/

This is a very cool company.

They offer all kinds of advanced manufacturing and are not just a print farm like Shapeways.

They are more a broker that will bid your project and then send it to one of their contractors for fulfillment.

So, they offer all the various 3D printing they also do waterjet and laser cutting and engraving, CNC lathe and machine work, injection moulding, casting, sheet metal forming, extrusion and offer materials cut to size.

I think I spoke to you about having some 2 1/2" sheaves turned in Delrin.... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Good to know, Jim. If I’d remembered I might have checked out the price of Delrin spacers to replace the wood ones on the Hi-Lift Jack mount. But I think the wood ones will work well and making them is so easy it isn’t worth having someone else do it. Just get the material and go.

Speaking of that, I did have a guy quiz me at the show no end about how I made the mount. He seemed quite impressed and is planning to replicate it - on the passenger’s side. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Good to know, Jim. If I’d remembered I might have checked out the price of Delrin spacers to replace the wood ones on the Hi-Lift Jack mount. But I think the wood ones will work well and making them is so easy it isn’t worth having someone else do it. Just get the material and go.

Speaking of that, I did have a guy quiz me at the show no end about how I made the mount. He seemed quite impressed and is planning to replicate it - on the passenger’s side. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I had asked you about turning three new rollers for the articulating arm of my sliding table saw.

But I was able to use my brother's computer to model them (because he has CAD software)

Attach file, click submit. Easy peasy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I am glad you did! This is all very interesting.

I couldn't imagine trying to tell 10yr old me that 3D printers are a thing and something one can have in their living room.

Very nice!

Not at all familiar with the ATOTO range. I see they have different sizes, which model/size did you go for?

I am interested in doing something similar to my F350 as that seems to be used for my longer drives and having googly maps and car play would be really nice. Then I can move the blaupunkt to the F150.

Very nice!

Not at all familiar with the ATOTO range. I see they have different sizes, which model/size did you go for?

I am interested in doing something similar to my F350 as that seems to be used for my longer drives and having googly maps and car play would be really nice. Then I can move the blaupunkt to the F150.

I've had their A6Y Pro, S8 Gen 1 Pro, A6PF, and this is the S8 Gen 2 Ultra. All in the 7" double din size. The gps is really nice to have and I love having Spotify being natively on there.

I am actually selling the A6PF (brand new) and the S8 Gen 1 (used-like new).

I really like their units and the smaller depth is a huge improvement.

If you have any questions, let me know and I might have ran into it before.

I've had their A6Y Pro, S8 Gen 1 Pro, A6PF, and this is the S8 Gen 2 Ultra. All in the 7" double din size. The gps is really nice to have and I love having Spotify being natively on there.

I am actually selling the A6PF (brand new) and the S8 Gen 1 (used-like new).

I really like their units and the smaller depth is a huge improvement.

If you have any questions, let me know and I might have ran into it before.

Cheers, it is a little down the list, but I will definitely reach out to you before I do anything. I like the idea of having car play, front and rear cameras and GPS.. So it ticks a lot of boxes.

When my friend was in the F350 with me a while a go, his kid (6 years old) was in the back and just said

"This car is old, it doesn't even have the map screen"

I was dying laughing!!!

Cheers, it is a little down the list, but I will definitely reach out to you before I do anything. I like the idea of having car play, front and rear cameras and GPS.. So it ticks a lot of boxes.

When my friend was in the F350 with me a while a go, his kid (6 years old) was in the back and just said

"This car is old, it doesn't even have the map screen"

I was dying laughing!!!

Cheeky question: Would you be willing to share the stl files of the brackets?

Cheeky question: Would you be willing to share the stl files of the brackets?

Sure - here you go.

But I will say that these were designed to fit an already customized radio bezel with a 3D printed trim ring to look factory-ish. So they won't really be useable as is. Overall the design is there but depending on how the hole gets cut in the bezel there will need to be some changes regarding moving the radio up/down, left/right, in/out. All of this would be easy to modify but again, would require modification :nabble_smiley_beam:

S8_Gen_2_Ultra_Radio_Bezel_Brackets.stl