Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

I mainly use Eastwood's powder, but I have a bunch of Sherwin Williams black that I got when I bought the oven from a guy that was getting out of the business. And Brandon/Bruno2 bought some Powder By The Pound and we've used it.

As for gasoline, it will take the sheen off gloss powder, and may soften powder if left on for a while. But I still use it on intakes. However, I don't run Holleys, which always seem to leak gas for me, so I don't have much gas on the intake.

I've been sticking with the Eastwood as it seems to work really well. Tried the summit brand and wasn't happy with it.

Didn't get much done today as I got home late. Went out to the shop and found a bunch of stuff knocked over. Third day in a row it's happened but I'd left the door cracked for a few hours yesterday evening so had hoped the culprit had let itself out. Guess not. Spent forever crawling around trying to find him but eventually...

IMG_20190822_200254.jpg.5ddd441e3fd6dd2504860d4eae014dd7.jpg

My nos rv mirrors came in today so was happy to see they were in the condition described.

IMG_20190822_204012.jpg.584fdfd029526dff9ad0afa59b7c22c1.jpg

I did find it interesting that despite being the same number, the plastic pivot cup on one was silver and the other black. Guess different suppliers.

IMG_20190822_202919.jpg.e6380c1447c8f2dcf7a93efed9a2b778.jpg

IMG_20190822_202931.jpg.bfe20a6a14f6bf4d23a3260c9b4c4d64.jpg

I'd never looked closely at the mirrors on my truck but had assumed they were this style and stock. Looks like they weren't which may explain why they crusted over so much.

I did like the Extend-A-Mirrors that it came with so found a set on ebay that I'll eventually swap over to mine. Not out of necessity but they just seem like an 80's thing. :nabble_smiley_beam:

IMG_20190822_203314.jpg.7154ba70af89bb08b39fb9aa05889874.jpg

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sticking with the Eastwood as it seems to work really well. Tried the summit brand and wasn't happy with it.

Didn't get much done today as I got home late. Went out to the shop and found a bunch of stuff knocked over. Third day in a row it's happened but I'd left the door cracked for a few hours yesterday evening so had hoped the culprit had let itself out. Guess not. Spent forever crawling around trying to find him but eventually...

My nos rv mirrors came in today so was happy to see they were in the condition described.

I did find it interesting that despite being the same number, the plastic pivot cup on one was silver and the other black. Guess different suppliers.

I'd never looked closely at the mirrors on my truck but had assumed they were this style and stock. Looks like they weren't which may explain why they crusted over so much.

I did like the Extend-A-Mirrors that it came with so found a set on ebay that I'll eventually swap over to mine. Not out of necessity but they just seem like an 80's thing. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Scott - I hope that possum was dead. Those things can cause all sorts of infections if they scratch or bite you.

Interesting about the mirrors. But no one will ever notice. And, they are pretty! But I'm not sure what the others are. Haven't seen them before.

Scott - I hope that possum was dead. Those things can cause all sorts of infections if they scratch or bite you.

Interesting about the mirrors. But no one will ever notice. And, they are pretty! But I'm not sure what the others are. Haven't seen them before.

Well it isn't too frisky anymore...

Normally it's a step on them and grab them by the tail kind of deal but this one was wedged in a tight spot so had to don the welding gloves. They are nasty creatures for sure but guess they have their place in the Kingdom too.

Yeah, most aftermarket ones I see are the bubble kind. Who knows on these. Took me awhile to track down the mirrors and you never know how they will look upon arrival. I will say that the dealership in Oneonta AL was a pleasure to work with. Very nice people there.

Normally it's a step on them and grab them by the tail kind of deal but this one was wedged in a tight spot so had to don the welding gloves. They are nasty creatures for sure but guess they have their place in the Kingdom too.

Yeah, most aftermarket ones I see are the bubble kind. Who knows on these. Took me awhile to track down the mirrors and you never know how they will look upon arrival. I will say that the dealership in Oneonta AL was a pleasure to work with. Very nice people there.

I’ve got a set of those mirror extensions. Really like them. I don’t have them on now but at the ready. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I have found rats, mice, snakes, and squirrels in my shop. I try to catch and relocate everything with exception to the snakes, but new families keep chewing through the wood to get in the shop so now I just let the snakes control the population like nature intended, unless I have a good chance of catching something.

As for the mirrors, they are my favorite mirror offered on these trucks. The aero mirrors have always looked off to me for whatever reason.

I have found rats, mice, snakes, and squirrels in my shop. I try to catch and relocate everything with exception to the snakes, but new families keep chewing through the wood to get in the shop so now I just let the snakes control the population like nature intended, unless I have a good chance of catching something.

As for the mirrors, they are my favorite mirror offered on these trucks. The aero mirrors have always looked off to me for whatever reason.

Knock on wood but we have surprisingly few large snakes on our place and any that we do are black snakes that are, like you said, not a bad thing to have around.

I agree on the mirrors vs the aero ones - the angles go well with these trucks.

Aw man. Mines 92202. But they both have 2 in them so that's pretty much the same as :nabble_smiley_happy:

Got a couple things done this weekend.

First, I know there are tons of people dying to know but yes, you can powder coat your wiper motor.

Disassembly and reassembly wasn't bad (the magnets were the most time consuming part). Now I need to hook it up to Chanute to test.

IMG_20190826_171846.thumb.jpg.cfe6e2df859993740d9bf9832500e917.jpg

The big relief was getting the blend door upgraded. I was really dreading tearing up the one in Camano since it was all together (minus the foam which was long gone) but then I remembered I had an assembly from another 86 on a shelf which did have the hinge split. Took that one apart and started going to town. The how-to on FTE for this is extremely well done. I really followed it with only some very minor changes.

If you have your dash apart I highly recommend doing this. The final outcome is well worth it.

Just some comments relating to the how-to from my experience:

1. I didn't need to modify both legs of the hinge. I did one but then I just flipped the other over and it put the centerline really close to stock.

2. The slight bend mentioned looks normal and when dryfitting it, the bend conforms to the housing so it seals uniformly. I was going to add an aluminum support to the leading edge to prevent this bend permanently until I noticed this.

3. You can use the same 3/16 foam all around - even on the hinge. Mine had uniform pressure all around with this.

4. On the side opposite the arm attachment point, I filled it all in with the foam. My thought process was that when in dash mode, the air flows across this so this removes one of the edges the air could catch on and hopefully reduce the risk of the foam peeling up there.

5. My utmost respect goes to anyone that does this while the unit is still in the dash. Even having it on a bench with the ability to dry fit it, it took some finagling to get the door in and out so I can just imagine doing that blind.

IMG_20190826_222318.thumb.jpg.943ee62801e68f8cf7b4e3542710d104.jpg