Bullnose Forums

The Camano Experience

kramttocs

Slick!

Hey Dane!

Anytime I work on a supercab specific part I always think of your twin truck. Did you know that 90's supercabs had rubber bumpers where the rear seat handle hits the stop ear/tab when flipped to the deck? New to me. Was at the jy looking at some supercabs (for that trim piece from earlier) and noticed a rubber bumper with a tail stuck into a hole on that ear. Checked some others and all the 90's truck had them. Grabbed some of the bumpers and drilled the holes in mine tonight. If you know of any other supercab improvements like that, definitely share :nabble_smiley_beam:

Also, not sure if you have one or have considered the rear seat lift but you can see the top bracket in the photos above. This is the 3" lift and I will put together a full post on it when I get it all in. So far seems pretty good.

Jy 90's truck after I removed the bumper. Note ear is more rounded.

Screenshot_Gallery_20200331-214405.thumb.png.e121b0cff9f8e47322e31d1cb1e0344b.png

My 86 after adding the bumper. Can't really tell but the ear is squared off on these.

IMG_20200331_212358.thumb.jpg.8386650e933fd11c6e1ef287a91aa670.jpg

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Had a little cosmetic issue arise but simple problem, simple solution.

The rear seatbelt in the supercab has a lot of room between it and the trim piece. Normally not noticeable since the metal and trim are close in color. Well, xmat and the trim, not so much.

When I was at the jy last I pulled the rear trim piece from an identical truck and cut some pieces at the bottom that weren't faded. Made some oversized pieces and problem solved. I know, not really worth a post for but just in case it helps someone.

Good idea! :nabble_anim_claps:

Hey Dane!

Anytime I work on a supercab specific part I always think of your twin truck. Did you know that 90's supercabs had rubber bumpers where the rear seat handle hits the stop ear/tab when flipped to the deck? New to me. Was at the jy looking at some supercabs (for that trim piece from earlier) and noticed a rubber bumper with a tail stuck into a hole on that ear. Checked some others and all the 90's truck had them. Grabbed some of the bumpers and drilled the holes in mine tonight. If you know of any other supercab improvements like that, definitely share :nabble_smiley_beam:

Also, not sure if you have one or have considered the rear seat lift but you can see the top bracket in the photos above. This is the 3" lift and I will put together a full post on it when I get it all in. So far seems pretty good.

Jy 90's truck after I removed the bumper. Note ear is more rounded.

My 86 after adding the bumper. Can't really tell but the ear is squared off on these.

I did not know that. I’ll take a look. I considered the rear seat lift on my 94 (previously owned) when I had kids at home. Now I rarely use it. Still might be cool to do.

My boys now 6’ 2” and 6’ 3” complained about the rear seat in that truck as they got older. Even my tiny daughter said something.

I did not know that. I’ll take a look. I considered the rear seat lift on my 94 (previously owned) when I had kids at home. Now I rarely use it. Still might be cool to do.

My boys now 6’ 2” and 6’ 3” complained about the rear seat in that truck as they got older. Even my tiny daughter said something.

Haha yeah, it's definitely not very spacious back there. Can only imagine your boys sitting back there now. Heck even getting back there'd be a trick.

Got the rear window in this evening. Was a chore for sure but went in without issue.

IMG_20200401_193601.jpg.261a1bf420ed097588f1f992e92f95ca.jpg

Haha yeah, it's definitely not very spacious back there. Can only imagine your boys sitting back there now. Heck even getting back there'd be a trick.

Got the rear window in this evening. Was a chore for sure but went in without issue.

Yes, I thought the Supercab back "seat" was intended for little kids or suit cases.

Scott - the window looks great! The chrome bead looks just right against the black.

The strip is much more pliable when warm.

I did mine after thanksgiving one year and needed a heat gun to get round the corners.

The strip is much more pliable when warm.

I did mine after thanksgiving one year and needed a heat gun to get round the corners.

Maybe the rule is if the kid can fit in a suitcase they can fit in the backseat? :nabble_smiley_happy:

Jim - I am impressed. As tough as it was in pretty warm weather I can only imagine in cool weather.

Lisle makes a tool for the trim (4700) but I used a HF pry tool (3rd from the left, bottom end)

63594_I.jpg.af37188cc5b8b8770d85c783521aa3a7.jpg

For those that haven't done it, the trim has two lips on it. I stuck one lip in the gasket and then used the pry tool to push the other lip in.

The Lisle tool may work great but with as much force was needed in the corners, I would have likely slipped and the metal tool would have scratched either the paint or window before I got the hang of the tool.

Maybe the rule is if the kid can fit in a suitcase they can fit in the backseat? :nabble_smiley_happy:

Jim - I am impressed. As tough as it was in pretty warm weather I can only imagine in cool weather.

Lisle makes a tool for the trim (4700) but I used a HF pry tool (3rd from the left, bottom end)

For those that haven't done it, the trim has two lips on it. I stuck one lip in the gasket and then used the pry tool to push the other lip in.

The Lisle tool may work great but with as much force was needed in the corners, I would have likely slipped and the metal tool would have scratched either the paint or window before I got the hang of the tool.

Did I read right that you installed the window then the chrome strip?

I would do the strip in the rubber off the glass then put the rubber on the glass and the glass assy. on to the truck.

I did remove the rubber with the chrome from the glass for cleaning before I put the rubber back on the glass and then on the truck.

Dave ----

Did I read right that you installed the window then the chrome strip?

I would do the strip in the rubber off the glass then put the rubber on the glass and the glass assy. on to the truck.

I did remove the rubber with the chrome from the glass for cleaning before I put the rubber back on the glass and then on the truck.

Dave ----

That's correct.

You were able to get it in with the lock strip already in the gasket? I don't think I could have got it in that way. As tight as the gasket is against the truck now, even with the soaped rope, that had to have been a bear to do.

That's correct.

You were able to get it in with the lock strip already in the gasket? I don't think I could have got it in that way. As tight as the gasket is against the truck now, even with the soaped rope, that had to have been a bear to do.

I used a bone folder to work the trim in.

bone-folder-180-mm-sharp.jpg.eb9aef5ff6fc58bc774427258e3f5403.jpg

I have no idea how I would have known the exact length needed from the roll if I didn't do it that way.