Bullnose Forums

Observed Problems

Is there a way to stay signed in long term? Currently I get kicked off when I leave the forum and then return later. It would be nice to stay logged on.

I haven't had a problem if I don't close the browser. However, the next day I have to log back in. I'll see what I can find out......

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a problem if I don't close the browser. However, the next day I have to log back in. I'll see what I can find out......

I keep getting the login page, but then it won't accept my login. Then I noticed my user name was still showing as a link above the login boxes (i.e. I was actually still logged in). I hit the browser forward button and was back to whatever page I was on last. I notice that this software seems to like forward only navigation, the browser back button works but sometimes does not take me where I expect.

I keep getting the login page, but then it won't accept my login. Then I noticed my user name was still showing as a link above the login boxes (i.e. I was actually still logged in). I hit the browser forward button and was back to whatever page I was on last. I notice that this software seems to like forward only navigation, the browser back button works but sometimes does not take me where I expect.

Well, I almost get exactly the same thing you are seeing. The main difference is that it does take my log-in. But, as you said, I was already logged in, as shown by my name above and to the right. However, before I log in there are no forward or back arrows/buttons on my browser.

So, what browser are you running? What OS? I'm on Chrome and Windows 10.

Well, I almost get exactly the same thing you are seeing. The main difference is that it does take my log-in. But, as you said, I was already logged in, as shown by my name above and to the right. However, before I log in there are no forward or back arrows/buttons on my browser.

So, what browser are you running? What OS? I'm on Chrome and Windows 10.

I've reported the problem and we will see what they say. But, there's a way around it by clicking on your name and choosing My Posts. That'll take you to your posts and then you can go wherever you like. Bizarre.

Or, you can just click on the Bullnose Forum link above and it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I've reported the problem and we will see what they say. But, there's a way around it by clicking on your name and choosing My Posts. That'll take you to your posts and then you can go wherever you like. Bizarre.

Or, you can just click on the Bullnose Forum link above and it works.

I am still "playing" but the main menu on the left drops down below my screen edge and using the scroll bar only moves the window in the center not the menu.

I can see the full menu if I do a full screen (F11).

Now I will tell you it could be my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium & Explorer 11, I don't like change LOL.

Dave ----

I am still "playing" but the main menu on the left drops down below my screen edge and using the scroll bar only moves the window in the center not the menu.

I can see the full menu if I do a full screen (F11).

Now I will tell you it could be my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium & Explorer 11, I don't like change LOL.

Dave ----

Dave - I think it may be the browser you are running. I have both Windows 8 and 10 running, but use Chrome on both and don't have a problem with the menu. However, Underhood is close to being a problem as the last item, Tool Box, is just usable. So, it wouldn't hurt to shorten things slightly.

Some thoughts toward that end are to put Engines in Driveline. And/or find another place for Oddities.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Dave - I think it may be the browser you are running. I have both Windows 8 and 10 running, but use Chrome on both and don't have a problem with the menu. However, Underhood is close to being a problem as the last item, Tool Box, is just usable. So, it wouldn't hurt to shorten things slightly.

Some thoughts toward that end are to put Engines in Driveline. And/or find another place for Oddities.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Is there a way to make that menu scroll like this forum menu does?

This way it could stay as is or even go longer if need be.

I have not checked out this site on my phone yet.

If so how does that menu work?

I do know this is a lot of work and it will not be fixed over night or at all for us that don't run up to date OS/browsers and that ok with me.

Even MS does not support older OS/browsers lol

Dave ----

Is there a way to make that menu scroll like this forum menu does?

This way it could stay as is or even go longer if need be.

I have not checked out this site on my phone yet.

If so how does that menu work?

I do know this is a lot of work and it will not be fixed over night or at all for us that don't run up to date OS/browsers and that ok with me.

Even MS does not support older OS/browsers lol

Dave ----

Dave - I need some help. What do you mean by "scroll like this forum menu does?" Are you asking if there is a way to make it be at the top of the page?

As for how the site, not just the forum, works on a mobile device, it depends on how wide the screen is. For instance, if I have my iPad in landscape mode the menu is just like it is on this laptop. But if I turn the iPad to portrait mode the menu goes into mobile mode and becomes what is referred to as "the hamburger", meaning a three-line icon in the upper left. And when you click on it you get the menu seen on the left on larger screens, but it is the whole screen and you can scroll it. And an iPhone does the latter as well.

So, is that what you are after?

Let's document the problems, issues, and concerns we have with Nabble here.

Nabble is blocked on my computer network at work. We have lots of free time between flights, so surfing at work is not a problem. I'm seeing this blocked access as a big drawback for this forum. Anybody else run into this?

Let's document the problems, issues, and concerns we have with Nabble here.

Nabble is blocked on my computer network at work. We have lots of free time between flights, so surfing at work is not a problem. I'm seeing this blocked access as a big drawback for this forum. Anybody else run into this?

Are you trying to access the forum directly on Nabble or on Garysgaragemahal? I'm not sure that would make a difference because the actual forum info is really on Nabble, but just want to clarify that.