Bullnose Forums

Intermittent no crank issue

Do you have X-Ray vision, 😵 or are you going to cut yours open like Chris, so you can see how badly the contacts are pitted? 😉

That's actually not a bad idea...I hadn't considered it, but why not?

:nabble_anim_working: I'm on page 12 of 38 for Chris's mentions of 'starter solenoid' over at fte.....

Working on it :nabble_anim_handshake:

:nabble_anim_working: I'm on page 12 of 38 for Chris's mentions of 'starter solenoid' over at fte.....

Working on it :nabble_anim_handshake:

Oh...and unless he rehosted the images somewhere, they may be gone:

"I had some neato pictures of this before the image-hosting company went to a pay-for model.... " - ctubutis

Oh...and unless he rehosted the images somewhere, they may be gone:

"I had some neato pictures of this before the image-hosting company went to a pay-for model.... " - ctubutis

Yeah, I just found that too.....:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Where's the gif with the stick figure in a typing frenzy bloodying his hands and then bashing his head into oblivion on the *keyboard?

Do you have X-Ray vision, 😵 or are you going to cut yours open like Chris, so you can see how badly the contacts are pitted? 😉

We used to take GM starter solenoids, and that’s the right term, apart and flip the contact washers and rotate the contact posts. That gave us completely new contact patches. I remember doing that on the lake on a 350 Chevy.

Can that be done on a Ford relay by drilling the rivets?

We used to take GM starter solenoids, and that’s the right term, apart and flip the contact washers and rotate the contact posts. That gave us completely new contact patches. I remember doing that on the lake on a 350 Chevy.

Can that be done on a Ford relay by drilling the rivets?

Interesting idea. Maybe I'll drill mine out instead of cutting it.

Sorry Matthew. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'm on my phone and trying to wrap up a day that had a start 'before 6:00'

Give me a chance to get back and cool off, I'll go looking for Chris's post for you.

6:00 heck I am at work for an hour on my late start days.

This noise does it sound like the starter is spinning or the relay buzzing?

Dave ----

Sorry Matthew. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'm on my phone and trying to wrap up a day that had a start 'before 6:00'

Give me a chance to get back and cool off, I'll go looking for Chris's post for you.

6:00 heck I am at work for an hour on my late start days.

This noise does it sound like the starter is spinning or the relay buzzing?

Dave ----

Are you on a roof in the glaring sun and thunderstorms for 12 hours, or are you in the Air Conditioned cab of a truck?

I shouldn't groan about this heat and humidity.

I'm sure you and Matthew have it worse.

It's stupid hot and humid here, but I also work from my home office in the basement of my air-conditioned house. I know I have it pretty good.

Also:

WTF am I saying? The relay still works 98% of the time (if it's even at fault), so it's going into the emergency spares box. No vivisections here, sorry.

It's stupid hot and humid here, but I also work from my home office in the basement of my air-conditioned house. I know I have it pretty good.

Also:

WTF am I saying? The relay still works 98% of the time (if it's even at fault), so it's going into the emergency spares box. No vivisections here, sorry.

Hmmm

I've often wondered about your avatar.

Now I know, it's the moleman.