Bullnose Forums

'83 F150 Short Box

66gtk

There's a remote chance I can crossref the #'s on the back of your parts to a part # that would give the color. Remote. But I'd need good shots of those numbers, especially including the suffix info as that's where the color info will be.

Gary,. He says farther up the page that it's Dark Harbor Blue.

That's trim B for 1983.

I think the problem is that Duplicolor is not close enough, and SEM doesn't make it.

So, either mix to formula, or send a swatch to match.

Gary,. He says farther up the page that it's Dark Harbor Blue.

That's trim B for 1983.

I think the problem is that Duplicolor is not close enough, and SEM doesn't make it.

So, either mix to formula, or send a swatch to match.

I guess I have misunderstood all the way around. First, I thought there was some concern that it might not be Dark Harbor Blue. Second, I thought SEM's 3042 was the correct formula for that color. :nabble_anim_confused:

I guess I have misunderstood all the way around. First, I thought there was some concern that it might not be Dark Harbor Blue. Second, I thought SEM's 3042 was the correct formula for that color. :nabble_anim_confused:

I see 3042 listed here:. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.semproducts.com/public/content/trim_codes/stcl_1983.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiY97DtqLjkAhXBmeAKHXqgBYYQFjABegQIAxAI&usg=AOvVaw0NaenC3e3UwpejErt8PKOP

In the lower left corner, but I don't find it for sale anywhere

That’s why the page we have on their 4-digit paints says “​But, note that these are not off-the-shelf paints. You will have to have them mixed by a SEM dealer....”

That was the first place with good reviews that I found while searching for someone to custom mix Color Coat in a rattle can.

More progress. Removed both filler necks and re-worked / modified venting tubes (crossing fingers it will fill better now), installed door panels and pockets (decided I can touch them up later), installed front light and grille trim (waiting for emblem, still), still working on front suspension. I'll do the fuel filler tube upgrade from '87-up if this doesn't do the trick as far as gas filling goes. Any tips on proper tightening of the lower ball joint? Seems to be adjustable?

IMG_20190907_111801993.jpg.0a8302cacb2bccead6bef7a5ef28759b.jpg

IMG_20190907_141728629_HDR.jpg.64529f3c91debc49ac26b8a72f057a78.jpg

IMG_20190907_131323311.jpg.67685f6182213375505e848227d19fc7.jpg

More progress. Removed both filler necks and re-worked / modified venting tubes (crossing fingers it will fill better now), installed door panels and pockets (decided I can touch them up later), installed front light and grille trim (waiting for emblem, still), still working on front suspension. I'll do the fuel filler tube upgrade from '87-up if this doesn't do the trick as far as gas filling goes. Any tips on proper tightening of the lower ball joint? Seems to be adjustable?

IMG_20190907_131323311.jpg.42f1119116cccaf1f3693d628dee99bb.jpg

Not sure what you mean by the lower ball joint being adjustable. The top has an eccentric but I don't think the bottom usually does.

Anyway, Ford's factory shop manual section on the front suspension is at Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension and then the Instructions tab.

But this picture scares me! I don't see a jack stand and you have your legs under the truck. :nabble_smiley_argh: Please tell me there's a jack stand in use somewhere and I just can't see it?

IMG_20190907_131323311.jpg.42f1119116cccaf1f3693d628dee99bb.jpg

But this picture scares me! I don't see a jack stand and you have your legs under the truck. :nabble_smiley_argh: Please tell me there's a jack stand in use somewhere and I just can't see it?

IMG_20190907_131323311.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. Even if no stands throw the tires under the frame is better than nothing.

Dave ----