Bullnose Forums

A new tool

ArdWrknTrk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rods never got rained on or anything.

Many of their holder ends are not rusty.

Gary,

I have a case tumbler, bit I don't want to cut the rods into 4" pieces

The rods do not need to get "rained on" or wet to be no good. It is the moister in the air that the rods pull the water from.

That is why once the tin is opened they should go into a air tight container or be used fast before they pull the moister in.

Some from the middle of the pack to the bottom "might" be ok to use as the moister may not have gotten to them other than the ends where the wire hooks to.

Dave ----

The rods never got rained on or anything.

Many of their holder ends are not rusty.

Gary,

I have a case tumbler, bit I don't want to cut the rods into 4" pieces

The rods do not need to get "rained on" or wet to be no good. It is the moister in the air that the rods pull the water from.

That is why once the tin is opened they should go into a air tight container or be used fast before they pull the moister in.

Some from the middle of the pack to the bottom "might" be ok to use as the moister may not have gotten to them other than the ends where the wire hooks to.

Dave ----

Yes, I understand how it works.

I don't know if it is reversible.

Most weldors I know have a dry box or 'oven'

Yes, I understand how it works.

I don't know if it is reversible.

Most weldors I know have a dry box or 'oven'

In my very limited experience once the flux gets "wet" it gets crumbly. But if it hasn't gotten to that stage then maybe it can be dried out in an oven. I don't know.

In my very limited experience once the flux gets "wet" it gets crumbly. But if it hasn't gotten to that stage then maybe it can be dried out in an oven. I don't know.

It's not crumbly at all.

In fact it is very difficult to get it started coming off.

After work I think I should stop by HF and get some TIG rod.

It's not crumbly at all.

In fact it is very difficult to get it started coming off.

After work I think I should stop by HF and get some TIG rod.

If it isn't crumbly then it may be fine. Check with a welder?

Is TIG rod expensive? Good metal. Probably better than coat hanger, which is what I used to use. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

If it isn't crumbly then it may be fine. Check with a welder?

Is TIG rod expensive? Good metal. Probably better than coat hanger, which is what I used to use. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Even coat hangers have gone to **** now.

I don't have the power to run a proper stick welder, so they should go to someone who does.

I don't need anything with source certs.

As long as it's clean and consistent I will be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Even coat hangers have gone to **** now.

I don't have the power to run a proper stick welder, so they should go to someone who does.

I don't need anything with source certs.

As long as it's clean and consistent I will be happy.

I would say this qualifies as a new tool. My awesome wife got me this for Christmas, a Flashforge 3D printer. Now maybe I can make the NLA trim clips for the LeBaron.

IMG_1860.thumb.jpg.086d430a728c3c2d1599ecd0d4aafa3f.jpg

IMG_1861.thumb.jpg.83855fd63d73d0a9c017be26d859f8f1.jpg

I would say this qualifies as a new tool. My awesome wife got me this for Christmas, a Flashforge 3D printer. Now maybe I can make the NLA trim clips for the LeBaron.

The printer with it's first project, came pre loaded on a USB drive.

The first project, a miniature cup?

Bill - That is cool! I've been wanting to get into 3D printing for some time, but just never have. However, I'll watch how it works for you and maybe jump in. :nabble_smiley_good: