Bullnose Forums

Tips & Techniques: Fuel & Exhaust

ArdWrknTrk

• 2 years later...

As far as I know there is only one carb that is a bolt-on for the 4.9L, and is the Carter YF or YFA. But what are you trying to accomplish? Is your engine running poorly? Or are you looking for more power?

yes, the reason for a different carb is the big question. not many options unless you are willing to do a conversion of sorts. both Offenhauser and Clifford make intake manifolds to do 2, 4, and twin 2 carbs but every time you change something the project can grow. if it's not running well, it can be rebuilt or replaced much more simply. my 300 I just leave alone and keep it maintained. too reliable to mess with.

yes, the reason for a different carb is the big question. not many options unless you are willing to do a conversion of sorts. both Offenhauser and Clifford make intake manifolds to do 2, 4, and twin 2 carbs but every time you change something the project can grow. if it's not running well, it can be rebuilt or replaced much more simply. my 300 I just leave alone and keep it maintained. too reliable to mess with.

The intakes can be hard to come by for the above carbs and are pricy if you can find them.

my 300 I just leave alone and keep it maintained. too reliable to mess with.

The same here .... well I did go with EFI exh manifolds and stock 94 pipes on back.

Dave ----