Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

Hello

My name is Mike, I'm a golf pro in Northern Arizona.

I grew up loving Fords, Dad had a 78 that we used to plow drive ways with, he always owned fords.

I had a 68 mustang for a bit.

Few years back I was looking for a daily driver/toy/Fixer upper, and I started looking for a Bronco, we used to own an early 70's model and a 90's model growing up. I really wanted a 78 or 79 but they weren't in my budget. Then I found this beauty down the street. It's lived in AZ it's whole life ( NO RUST) it was running and driving 4x4 for $3k. I didn't care about the looks.

I've drove it all over the valley, took it on a couple trail rides and it did great. I've hauled my quad with it.

I've replaced numerous parts, starter, carb, power steering, steering column, harmonic balancer...but it recently has been running rough and I parked it for a bit and decided to clean it.

That turned into me ripping out the entire interior and all the wires. All of them. And i didn't do a good job of labeling or taking pics.

So let me say THANK YOU!!! To everyone here. I've been combing through this website and the only reason I started this project is because I knew I had this resource.

I've been going to YouTube University and learning. I can't thank you all enough.

Current status of project, just finished installing new insulation in firewall and put dash back in and started my first draft of running wires (I call it first draft, cause I end up doing everything twice and re-doing is so negative, so I have first and sometime second drafts before i finalize things).

Again, thank you all for the forum, and this great website. It's easy to get around and has soooo much information.

Welcome Mike! :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad you've joined us.

Gary will be along to ask if you'd like to be on our members map (need a zip code)

I've done a bit of harness lacing.

It can definitely be an iterative process.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Mike! :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad you've joined us.

Gary will be along to ask if you'd like to be on our members map (need a zip code)

I've done a bit of harness lacing.

It can definitely be an iterative process.

Yeah, I think I've read almost all your posts😂 - I've learned a lot. Probably not enough, but a lot!

Please add me. 86326

Yeah, I think I've read almost all your posts😂 - I've learned a lot. Probably not enough, but a lot!

Please add me. 86326

Gary is the only one who has the power to add someone to the map.

But I'm sure he will make an appearance! :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary is the only one who has the power to add someone to the map.

But I'm sure he will make an appearance! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep, I'm here and you are there, Mike, on the map.

Welcome! Glad you joined. We are glad you are here and are looking forward to following your journey. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hello

I grew up loving Fords, Dad had a 78 that we used to plow drive ways with, he always owned fords.

Few years back I was looking for a daily driver/toy/Fixer upper, and I started looking for a Bronco, we used to own an early 70's model and a 90's model growing up. I really wanted a 78 or 79 but they weren't in my budget. Then I found this beauty down the street. It's lived in AZ it's whole life ( NO RUST) it was running and driving 4x4 for $3k. I didn't care about the looks.

I've drove it all over the valley, took it on a couple trail rides and it did great. I've hauled my quad with it.

I've replaced numerous parts, starter, carb, power steering, steering column, harmonic balancer...but it recently has been running rough and I parked it for a bit and decided to clean it.

That turned into me ripping out the entire interior and all the wires. All of them. And i didn't do a good job of labeling or taking pics.

So let me say THANK YOU!!! To everyone here. I've been combing through this website and the only reason I started this project is because I knew I had this resource.

I've been going to YouTube University and learning. I can't thank you all enough.

Current status of project, just finished installing new insulation in firewall and put dash back in and started my first draft of running wires (I call it first draft, cause I end up doing everything twice and re-doing is so negative, so I have first and sometime second drafts before i finalize things).

Again, thank you all for the forum, and this great website. It's easy to get around and has soooo much information.

Welcome!

Hello

Welcome!

• 1 month later...

Ryantruck4.jpg.684aec690b38228514fb1799c854c782.jpgpt4.jpg.84f220b84fed064ddef6031b568a3b88.jpg

Thanks for allowing us to join, cant wait to see what we can learn from this site. Pictures are of my sons 1980 stepside which is in the process of restoration currently and also his 1980 f350 that will be his daily once we get it done. My son is 14 now and we are doing all of the work except the painting.

Thanks for allowing us to join, cant wait to see what we can learn from this site. Pictures are of my sons 1980 stepside which is in the process of restoration currently and also his 1980 f350 that will be his daily once we get it done. My son is 14 now and we are doing all of the work except the painting.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

You are our latest member of the FOG (Flareside Owners Group)

We love family projects and inherited vehicles ("my pop-pop bought this new in '82 when he retired!") type stories.

In fact Gary is working on a French truck with his grandson. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

You are our latest member of the FOG (Flareside Owners Group)

We love family projects and inherited vehicles ("my pop-pop bought this new in '82 when he retired!") type stories.

In fact Gary is working on a French truck with his grandson. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Flareside is a 460 bbf w/c6. 3/4 ton axles

Longbox is a 400m :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Flareside is a 460 bbf w/c6. 3/4 ton axles

Longbox is a 400m :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

So, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and can add you with a zip or city/state.