Bullnose Forums

81 f100 inline 6

Fred1090

Fred, have you checked for vacuum leaks at the base gasket?

7/10 a high idle after rebuilding a carb is found here. (at least, that's what I see on the forum)

(Edit to add) maybe there is a vacuum line you missed reconnecting? Like for the choke heater?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1478167-vacuum-leak-detection-effective-and-inexpensive.html

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you thinking of putting a hose clamp on that fuel line?

Gary, no tach yet. And I couldn't guess. But probably half what it was before the carb rebuild and everything? Maybe even less.

Jim, hose clamps with the next trip to the auto store. Just didn't think to grab any. You can't see in the video but on the fuel filter is an impromptu copper clamp made out of a piece of electrical wire.

Gary, no tach yet. And I couldn't guess. But probably half what it was before the carb rebuild and everything? Maybe even less.

Jim, hose clamps with the next trip to the auto store. Just didn't think to grab any. You can't see in the video but on the fuel filter is an impromptu copper clamp made out of a piece of electrical wire.

I didn't see the video, Fred, just Gary's screenshot.

Sorry. I'm not trying to be a safety Nazi.

Just wouldn't want to see you (or your truck) burn.

I didn't see the video, Fred, just Gary's screenshot.

Sorry. I'm not trying to be a safety Nazi.

Just wouldn't want to see you (or your truck) burn.

Jim, safety should always be a top concern man no worries at all.

Also, another question for you much more experienced guys here. If I could theoretically lay hands on a NOS copper/brass core w/AC option radiator, would that be better than the modern spectra ones?