Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

If I had the money to just randomly buy 1980's stuff, I'd have one of these. That would get some attention on car night.

https://williamsport.craigslist.org/cto/d/picture-rocks-1986-mustang-ssp/6969664787.html

Cory, how did you make out up there?

Much flooding and wind damage?

I can't imagine BoF with astronomical high tides and storm surge.

Still want to make it all the way up to Dingwall.

I've never been over Confederation bridge, but CBI was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Cory, how did you make out up there?

Much flooding and wind damage?

I can't imagine BoF with astronomical high tides and storm surge.

Still want to make it all the way up to Dingwall.

I've never been over Confederation bridge, but CBI was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Talk about nasty police chase cars, Norfolk VA PD had a Thunderbolt for a chase car in the mid 60s, you were not going to outrun the Holman & Moody 427 side oiler with dual 650 CFM Holleys.

Talk about nasty police chase cars, Norfolk VA PD had a Thunderbolt for a chase car in the mid 60s, you were not going to outrun the Holman & Moody 427 side oiler with dual 650 CFM Holleys.

Tell me the chase car has a "Holman & Moody" in it and I'm afraid. My brother had an 80's Cobalt boat with a H & M 351W in it. We don't know what they did to the engine, but when he got it you couldn't use much throttle out of the hole or it would cavitate. He spend a lot of time and money and finally got a Michigan Wheel prop that had elephant ears for blades. But it didn't blow out.

However, as things usually go, when you fix one thing the problem moves along the chain. With the new prop you still had to be careful with the throttle or you took the rope right out of the skier's hands. No one could hold on at full throttle out of the hole, and we had some pretty strong friends.

So today that boat/engine is our benchmark. And I was pleased when I re-propped the Sea Ray and he said "That thing almost pulls as well as the Cobalt did!"

Unfortunately that was then, this is now.

And now, just about any import sedan would eat that '60's muscle car for lunch. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

And now, just about any import sedan would eat that '60's muscle car for lunch. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Absolutely! Even true in trucks. As I've said many times, I'd much rather tow with Blue than Big Blue. Perhaps that will change a bit with the new 460 and the ZF, but the old engine gave 11 - 12 MPG light while Blue gives 18 - 19 light. And towing - Blue gets 11 towing our 25' Sea Ray, and does so with ease while providing comfort to the passengers.

Absolutely! Even true in trucks. As I've said many times, I'd much rather tow with Blue than Big Blue. Perhaps that will change a bit with the new 460 and the ZF, but the old engine gave 11 - 12 MPG light while Blue gives 18 - 19 light. And towing - Blue gets 11 towing our 25' Sea Ray, and does so with ease while providing comfort to the passengers.

18 years ago, today... do not forget:

18 years ago, today... do not forget:

It's not hard to forget as at the time we lived 50 miles from NYC and my wife worked there.

Not being able to reach my wife because the cell tower were down is also not hard to forget.

Because we lived so close they would check the train stations for cars left for a long time to follow up to see if they were ones that lost their life that day.

Dave ----

I watched them rise (my father was an engineer and I follow Yamasaki's work)

And I watched from the jetty as the Manhattan skyline was changed forever.

That plume stretched all the way past the Whitestone from my perspective

It was my sophmore year in high school when it happened. I cant believe its been 18 years already.