Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

It's tiny, in fact it says "midget"

Durco, St Louis, MO

I painted it Chevy orange hoping not to lose it.

Good use for that color. No one will want it. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Hey, tiny or not, 2500 more #'s would have been useful. I had all three of my boomers and the one come-along well deployed.

... and in late breaking news here on the farm.

A newly discovered species of 'baby' boomer.

IMG_20190905_064511.jpg

It says it's rated at #2,500.

Sure will be handy for straightening fence

I think a come-along or ratchet strap would work better than that chain binder for pulling fence post or frames back into place.

What happens is that binder only pulls it so far then locks where the come-along or ratchet strap would pull it a little farther so when released it will be in the right place.

To tell the truth I don't think truckers use that type binder any more as you needed a long pipe over the handle to pull it closed and when undoing it could take your teeth out if not knock you out!

Dave ----

IMG_20190905_064511.jpg

I think a come-along or ratchet strap would work better than that chain binder for pulling fence post or frames back into place.

What happens is that binder only pulls it so far then locks where the come-along or ratchet strap would pull it a little farther so when released it will be in the right place.

To tell the truth I don't think truckers use that type binder any more as you needed a long pipe over the handle to pull it closed and when undoing it could take your teeth out if not knock you out!

Dave ----

Dave - I tried everything I had on the frame: three boomers; one come-along; and multiple ratchet straps of all sizes. The ratchet straps didn’t come close to having enough “pull” to do anything. The come-along was better, but not a lot. But the boomers, with cheaters, had lots more pull.

I used multiple boomers, with each one moving it a bit more and loosening the previous ones. It was an iterative process, but successful.

IMG_20190905_064511.jpg

Dave ----

The only thing I ever see securing equipment or steel is chain binders.

I think they're far from obsolete.

IMG_20190905_064511.jpg

Dave ----

I've got a 6k come along and multiple 10k ratchet straps.

Bulky and awkward both.

This thing and 25' of 1/4" chain will take up no space and be quick to adjust.

Dave - I tried everything I had on the frame: three boomers; one come-along; and multiple ratchet straps of all sizes. The ratchet straps didn’t come close to having enough “pull” to do anything. The come-along was better, but not a lot. But the boomers, with cheaters, had lots more pull.

I used multiple boomers, with each one moving it a bit more and loosening the previous ones. It was an iterative process, but successful.

On my way to pick my son up from robot club the other day I noticed this Bullnose sitting in the parking lot of an independent Mercedes-Benz repair shop - I'm assuming it's for sale, although I don't see a sign or sticker on it. At any rate, today I stopped for a photo:

IMG_0736.jpg.32c8df65a2af7d885e5eb23b46fe0dee.jpg

If I decoded the VIN correctly, it's a 2WD '81 F-150 with the 300 engine. It looked nice from the street out front, but I wasn't that impressed up close - the aftermarket paint job is peeling a bit, the lower rear corners of the bed are rusting through, and the interior is tired. But I'm sure it would make a great project for someone.

On my way to pick my son up from robot club the other day I noticed this Bullnose sitting in the parking lot of an independent Mercedes-Benz repair shop - I'm assuming it's for sale, although I don't see a sign or sticker on it. At any rate, today I stopped for a photo:

If I decoded the VIN correctly, it's a 2WD '81 F-150 with the 300 engine. It looked nice from the street out front, but I wasn't that impressed up close - the aftermarket paint job is peeling a bit, the lower rear corners of the bed are rusting through, and the interior is tired. But I'm sure it would make a great project for someone.

Looks pretty good from afar.

Note the front mounted receiver hitch.