Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

This morning I witnessed something I haven't yet come across in my life. I was walking through the grocery store and witnessed two individuals wearing body armor, one male and one female. It was immediately suspicious to me, so I made note of their appearance. It was obvious they were NOT Law Enforcement/Military of any kind, nor were they with armored transport. They both had a multi-channel radio on their collars, and had some sort of insignia at the top of their armor, but unfortunately I could not read it. Their clothing was plain civilian, and they were not in a uniform. They were both wearing sunglasses and hats, and both of their faces were pretty well covered. They had tied two shopping carts together, as if they were going to buy a large amount of food. As the male was putting items into the carts, he was taking a picture of each item and the corresponding price tag on the shelf. I could not make out any visible weaponry, although they may have concealed some in their clothing behind the armor. I'm not the kind of person to be afraid of another man, but it definitely made the other shoppers and I uncomfortable. If they had worn the body armor underneath their clothing, and had no radios, I wouldn't have paid them any attention. I can't tell if they were just paranoid people, part of a hate and/or militia group, or possibly a cult. Either way, it was very strange. I hope nothing comes of it, but if so I will refer back to this post in case I can't remember the details.

Preppers?

It was 20 years ago the towers came down along with the other 2 planes.

Then you have what just happened with us pulling out and the bad people moving in before we could get all the people out.

Then around here they are going on about the confederate statues, pulling them all down, and confederate flag. And I will not get into what some are saying is being taut in school about all that.

It really is not a good time for us to not have our guard up.

Dave ----

Preppers?

Then you have what just happened with us pulling out and the bad people moving in before we could get all the people out.

Then around here they are going on about the confederate statues, pulling them all down, and confederate flag. And I will not get into what some are saying is being taut in school about all that.

Dave ----

At best case, yes. Still very strange to draw attention to yourself the way they were. If I were to desire wearing body armor in public, I would do so with it covered by my clothing.

Preppers?

Dave ----

At best case, yes. Still very strange to draw attention to yourself the way they were. If I were to desire wearing body armor in public, I would do so with it covered by my clothing.

It is a bit odd :nabble_anim_confused: :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck, Jonathan!!!!!! You can do this!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Is this the “better job & better benefits “ position I’ve been praying for?

Thank you gentlemen! Gary, this is indeed as good a job as I will find in this area…. with respect to pay, benefits, job security and fit with my temperament. I couldn’t be happier. I understand that time off can be difficult to come by as demand is extremely high and the facility is scheduled to double in size and capacity in the next few years. After suffering through two plant closures and 15 months of unemployment this does not seem like a bad problem to have. I never envisioned working in analytical quantitative chemistry but here we go! The Ford trucks waiting on chips need our products 🙂

Thank you gentlemen! Gary, this is indeed as good a job as I will find in this area…. with respect to pay, benefits, job security and fit with my temperament. I couldn’t be happier. I understand that time off can be difficult to come by as demand is extremely high and the facility is scheduled to double in size and capacity in the next few years. After suffering through two plant closures and 15 months of unemployment this does not seem like a bad problem to have. I never envisioned working in analytical quantitative chemistry but here we go! The Ford trucks waiting on chips need our products 🙂

Congratulations Jonathan! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm glad you've found a position with stability and growth.

Best wishes to you in all your endeavors going forward.

That is wonderful, Jonathan! Prayers answered! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for analytical quantitative chemistry, I've run a gas chromatograph or two. Does that qualify? :nabble_smiley_cool: