Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Up to $2.50+ here in middle Tennessee that’s from $ 1.85 at Thanksgiving.

Now that it is getting nice and people are getting their shots so they can travel why not up the gas price?

They say it was because of the storms that hit Texas but we know they just want more money in their pockets!

Dave ----

• 5 weeks later...

Now that it is getting nice and people are getting their shots so they can travel why not up the gas price?

They say it was because of the storms that hit Texas but we know they just want more money in their pockets!

Dave ----

Its been around 2.99 here for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been around 2.99 here for awhile.

Since updating everyone on local gas prices, Ive started a new job installing ductless mini split systems with a small HVAC company and my wife and I are going through all the paperwork to buy a house sometime this summer. The Ford is still running and hauling water but it looks like it could be some time before i get my weekends back. Hope everyone's doing well.

If anyone has real estate advice, speak now or hold your peace

:nabble_anim_jump:

Uh oh...this IS concerning...

Haha just kidding Gary, this showed up in my IG news feed and it made me chuckle.

Well, that's going to be short lived. The Guardian, in an article entitled High noon for Gary: why is the once-popular name on the verge of extinction?, says "Gary has plummeted from view on both sides of the Atlantic, and is now severely endangered. Just 450 were created in the US in 2013, and 28 in England and Wales." :nabble_smiley_cry:

I kinda wish they'd have said "The name Gary plummeted from view..." as it reads as if some poor Gary did. And he must have been kinda big as you apparently could see him from both sides of the pond. :nabble_smiley_oh:

• 4 weeks later...

1986 Ford F-250 Camper Special/Trailer Special with the 460, two wheel drive.

I have been going crazy trying to find the rear hub seals for my 10.25 semi-floating Sterling drum brake rear. My originals have 91K miles on them and were not leaking but since I was putting new brakes and wheel cylinders on the truck I decided to do the seals also while I was in there.

Rock Auto sent me the wrong ones. Parts Geek sent me the wrong ones. Now I am in my second day of working with NAPA going back and forth and finally got the right ones and I am here to share.

They are National P/N 370047A, a pair are about $80.00. They fit much better then the original Ford seals which also seem to be made by National but were not quite as wide. These new ones fit the recess perfectly where the originals were down in the hub a little more.

Ford does not sell these anymore, when you look up the P/N by using the V.I.N. is says "obsolete"

I still need front inner fenders but cannot find anyone making them. If anyone knows where a good set is please let me know. Dave 305-310-3866

1986 Ford F-250 Camper Special/Trailer Special with the 460, two wheel drive.

I have been going crazy trying to find the rear hub seals for my 10.25 semi-floating Sterling drum brake rear. My originals have 91K miles on them and were not leaking but since I was putting new brakes and wheel cylinders on the truck I decided to do the seals also while I was in there.

Rock Auto sent me the wrong ones. Parts Geek sent me the wrong ones. Now I am in my second day of working with NAPA going back and forth and finally got the right ones and I am here to share.

They are National P/N 370047A, a pair are about $80.00. They fit much better then the original Ford seals which also seem to be made by National but were not quite as wide. These new ones fit the recess perfectly where the originals were down in the hub a little more.

Ford does not sell these anymore, when you look up the P/N by using the V.I.N. is says "obsolete"

I still need front inner fenders but cannot find anyone making them. If anyone knows where a good set is please let me know. Dave 305-310-3866

Have you checked out TSB 91-6-7 STERLING 10.25 HUB LEAKS?