Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

The transmission is the New Process 435. The shift sticks on the New Process trucks were curvy while the sticks on Borg Warner trucks were just angled. I would assume that the t-case is a New Process 208, but I've seen mix-match before.

Looks like a clean Bronco! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yea sounds like a NP435 from talking to him just now. 1st is granny.

The frame and body are completely straight per the owner.

No dent dings or issues with the exception of a half dollar or so sized bit of rust on the fender well that does not go all the way through.

Tailgate is solid and functions.

AC belt has been disconnected as I expected, was probably seized. He got it that way.

Original carb, filter lines and connections under the hood are all there and untouched.

No rust in floors or rockers to report.

Good call on the brakes. He says the rubber on the rear brakes split and is currently clamped off on the one side.

He drove it from Charleston that way so it should make it back. It is mostly back roads and county highways between there and here.

I think the only thing so far that could make this better is to pop the hood and find some bonus items like lights, tool boxes or aux batteries lol.

Danny,

There is one rubber brake hose from the frame crossmember to the rear axle.

It ends in a brass splitter block that attaches to the back side of the axle.

From there a steel line runs to each wheel cylinder.

Note that the bolt that holds the splitter is also the axle vent.

There should be a hose attached to this that has a vent cap clipped up where it shouldn't get submerged.

Owner informed me he lost the title so I had to make sure it was clean. NICB shows it is not stolen and NMVTIS shows no junk, no salvage, no flood, no title issues, and no accidents. Got a wad of cash in hand, think ill offer him $5200 and see if he will take it.

Well that's a bummer!

If it were me -no title, no sale-

Though I don't know what it is like down there.

I do know in some states if over a certain age no title will be issued.

Danny,

There is one rubber brake hose from the frame crossmember to the rear axle.

It ends in a brass splitter block that attaches to the back side of the axle.

From there a steel line runs to each wheel cylinder.

Note that the bolt that holds the splitter is also the axle vent.

There should be a hose attached to this that has a vent cap clipped up where it shouldn't get submerged.

yep he mentioned the hose at the rear splitter is the issue. I am thinking of pulling the entire brake system and replacing it just to be safe, but maybe just doing the rear lines and a bleed and fill will do the job.

In SC anything older than 1989 does not require a title to sell. If you have a bill of sale they will make a new title. The vehicle has not been reported stolen and has no negative title hits. It's just going to cost me an extra $25.

I have the cash in hand and am scheduled to meet him tomorrow at 1pm EST.

The plan hence forward is to buy this bronco. Sell my 2011 Malibu for 3k and Drive the Bronco to work while I restore the truck. Once the truck is restored the Bronco will go into the shop.

Owner informed me he lost the title so I had to make sure it was clean. NICB shows it is not stolen and NMVTIS shows no junk, no salvage, no flood, no title issues, and no accidents. Got a wad of cash in hand, think ill offer him $5200 and see if he will take it.

That's almost a deal breaker because you don't know what you are going to find when you go through the hoops on the title.

I did it in OK for a '50 Chevy pickup and got lucky. The state couldn't find the title so issued a new one. But, had they found it I'd have had to paid any back taxes, plus interest, on the truck and I'm pretty sure taxes hadn't been paid in decades. The whole thing cost me something like $250 as you have to hire a service that does what is called Title 42, but it could have cost far more if they'd found problems.

In SC anything older than 1989 does not require a title to sell. If you have a bill of sale they will make a new title. The vehicle has not been reported stolen and has no negative title hits. It's just going to cost me an extra $25.

Missed that. Ok, you know what you are facing. Go for it!

SOOOOO..... I have located a 1984 Bronco 4x4 XLT, its two tone tan it appears to be relatively rust free, 4speed manual transmission and 351w HO engine, completely stock untouched here in SC. Rose wood interior, power windows and doors. I will have pictures when I get home. I am going to call him in the morning and possibly make arrangements to bring it home.

Hey, I bought my truck in Myrtle Beach! Planning a trip back down that way soon. Down to Savannah, up to Myrtle(where the wheeler dealer lived) past Edisto(which is where the truck lived), back home to central AL.

That Bronco looks good, good luck with getting a deal done.:nabble_smiley_good:

Missed that. Ok, you know what you are facing. Go for it!

Yea you can check everything online. The last title file was in Georgia in Sept 20 when he got the Bronco on trade for a motorcycle so everything is up to date. No thefts in the system, not title issues etc he just lost the title. Was planning to flip the Bronco but needs the money.

Yea you can check everything online. The last title file was in Georgia in Sept 20 when he got the Bronco on trade for a motorcycle so everything is up to date. No thefts in the system, not title issues etc he just lost the title. Was planning to flip the Bronco but needs the money.

Nice looking truck.

Funny someone said your eyes go to things, mine was the shifter handle (NP435) and then the rear lower moldings thinking if they were the same as short bed trucks but don't think so?

Dave ----

Nice looking truck.

Funny someone said your eyes go to things, mine was the shifter handle (NP435) and then the rear lower moldings thinking if they were the same as short bed trucks but don't think so?

Dave ----

Okay so got here looked at it it's not something I'm going to have the time for.

It is running quite smooth but it is not without its issues which I expected.

The deal breaker for me was the floor pans they were pretty full of rust cancer that had been covered up and there was some spots that I could see through and I don't have the time to cut out a floor and put a new floor in.

The surface rust in the fender well was more rust cancer it was also more rust cancer in the other fender side as well as well as in the door jams and in the doors bottoms because the seals were bad. A bit of damage to the molding and rear fender.

This is all expected and good if you're looking for a project in this year but I was looking for a daily driver to tinker with and drive.

On the other hand it had some really nice things inside of it like these rosewood panels original stereo clock and some other things.

I took some pictures for records.

I told him I'd post he's up here this truck is still for sale there's not a hiccup or skip in this engine.

Tailgate is solid no leaks in the roof.

PXL_20201101_181120238.thumb.jpg.4f8ac1371a08663def302dac6900648e.jpg

PXL_20201101_180941760.jpg.44e78bd6964cb196c90693259a113b76.jpg

PXL_20201101_180220404.jpg.d599ed4f4f3c68bddd6ca83133167bfd.jpg

PXL_20201101_180215505.thumb.jpg.66ce67f58d46306b5eb809c2c22a0607.jpg

PXL_20201101_180209633.jpg.0d7c2ecadaa166e6a2732a5f4f97e5ad.jpg

PXL_20201101_175817557.thumb.jpg.6d51d97396bbcc8b43e2962fba257257.jpg

Okay so got here looked at it it's not something I'm going to have the time for.

It is running quite smooth but it is not without its issues which I expected.

The deal breaker for me was the floor pans they were pretty full of rust cancer that had been covered up and there was some spots that I could see through and I don't have the time to cut out a floor and put a new floor in.

The surface rust in the fender well was more rust cancer it was also more rust cancer in the other fender side as well as well as in the door jams and in the doors bottoms because the seals were bad. A bit of damage to the molding and rear fender.

This is all expected and good if you're looking for a project in this year but I was looking for a daily driver to tinker with and drive.

On the other hand it had some really nice things inside of it like these rosewood panels original stereo clock and some other things.

I took some pictures for records.

I told him I'd post he's up here this truck is still for sale there's not a hiccup or skip in this engine.

Tailgate is solid no leaks in the roof.

Sorry to hear that. It does present itself well in photos though. Sounds like a smart call with the rust repair needing done - I don't check Bronco prices much but at the asking price, like you, I'd be wanting a solid daily.

Side note - interesting to hear about how easy it is to get a title there. Here it's if no title then generally a parts or farm truck forever. Now I wonder if the states really are that different or if I was told about it not being worth it and just took it as gospel.