Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I have a whole bin, with them all sorted out by hue.

You need to remind him that you have to properly shut down the vehicle first.

Hot swapping is not recommended! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Should tell them the numbers on the side equal the size of the memory for that system and they should upgrade them all to number 40 and 50's for better performance.

The forum had their fun with it while also teaching the OP about fuses an giving them advice and part links.

Should tell them the numbers on the side equal the size of the memory for that system and they should upgrade them all to number 40 and 50's for better performance.

The forum had their fun with it while also teaching the OP about fuses an giving them advice and part links.

The magic smoke protectors.

Taking this off on a huge tangent but I've wondered if there has ever been an experiment to identify what impact the first response to a post has on the rest of the responses. There have been many times I've seen the same question asked but one gets informative helpful responses while the other gets railroaded. Does it have to do with the first response like I am hypothesizing? Or the day of the week? Time of day?

Anyways - no need to follow that rabbit trail but just something that came to mind when seeing the post and that actual help was provided.

The magic smoke protectors.

Taking this off on a huge tangent but I've wondered if there has ever been an experiment to identify what impact the first response to a post has on the rest of the responses. There have been many times I've seen the same question asked but one gets informative helpful responses while the other gets railroaded. Does it have to do with the first response like I am hypothesizing? Or the day of the week? Time of day?

Anyways - no need to follow that rabbit trail but just something that came to mind when seeing the post and that actual help was provided.

I think it's the phase of the moon actually.

I know I'm a lunatic. 😵

Mine and my friends were both built in the Norfolk plant in 06/86. You think they would have moved onto the 1987 version by now.

Just happened to notice this one posted on FB. Built in the Norfolk plant in 09/86. September is the latest one I've seen yet. I would imagine they were getting close to running out of Bullnose parts by then. Surely they switched over production to the 1987 MY trucks soon after.

label.jpg.a60c0cec68de5fbe4045fbfc965a266e.jpg

However...I guess they could build them as late as they wanted to or needed to. I know back in the 2000's when the emissions rules changed, Volkswagen could not sell diesel engine cars in North America in 2007. One thing they did to try and cover the sales gap was that they bumped up production of the 2006 model diesel Jettas, and they ran the production line right up until the last calendar day of 2006. So in the plant in Mexico, they were building 2006 diesel models right along with the 2007 gas models in the end of 2006.

Back when Ford was building Bullnoses in what, five plants? They likely staggered the production change over various plants? Just theorizing. Maybe they were building 1987 Bricknoses in August in one plant, and then 1986 Bulls in September in another?

Mine and my friends were both built in the Norfolk plant in 06/86. You think they would have moved onto the 1987 version by now.

Just happened to notice this one posted on FB. Built in the Norfolk plant in 09/86. September is the latest one I've seen yet. I would imagine they were getting close to running out of Bullnose parts by then. Surely they switched over production to the 1987 MY trucks soon after.

However...I guess they could build them as late as they wanted to or needed to. I know back in the 2000's when the emissions rules changed, Volkswagen could not sell diesel engine cars in North America in 2007. One thing they did to try and cover the sales gap was that they bumped up production of the 2006 model diesel Jettas, and they ran the production line right up until the last calendar day of 2006. So in the plant in Mexico, they were building 2006 diesel models right along with the 2007 gas models in the end of 2006.

Back when Ford was building Bullnoses in what, five plants? They likely staggered the production change over various plants? Just theorizing. Maybe they were building 1987 Bricknoses in August in one plant, and then 1986 Bulls in September in another?

Well, there's one way to get heat and AC in a classic truck...

62392157_2283237595089781_2218569084780412928_n.jpg.7c2983f457de1d2a7b73b0e0daed5847.jpg

65881348_2283237308423143_5378201487350431744_n.jpg.9807c7d1188e04b41e34e95fbfadb4f1.jpg

I came across it on FB Marketplace in case you'd like to see more...lol:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2293579817626912/?surface=product_details

That is a household wall mount heat/AC pump, and he has the outdoor unit mounted in the bed. Looks like there's an engine back there as well...maybe an old generator for the 120v needed to run the heat/AC unit.

Well, there's one way to get heat and AC in a classic truck...

I came across it on FB Marketplace in case you'd like to see more...lol:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2293579817626912/?surface=product_details

That is a household wall mount heat/AC pump, and he has the outdoor unit mounted in the bed. Looks like there's an engine back there as well...maybe an old generator for the 120v needed to run the heat/AC unit.

I hear an inverter is the way to go. 😉

I hear an inverter is the way to go. 😉

I saw a really nice 1930 Ford this weekend...I had hoped to get a picture of myself with it, but between the rain and the crowds it didn't work out. Hopefully the cheerleaders will make up for it:

wreck.jpeg.e5f17c258c6b18fb6ad7bdb3f76d1c22.jpeg

The good news is that I fooled them into letting me graduate, so maybe I'll have more time for my old Ford going forward...

grad.jpg.8ef92e466f20cef642ae4de5329383fa.jpg

I saw a really nice 1930 Ford this weekend...I had hoped to get a picture of myself with it, but between the rain and the crowds it didn't work out. Hopefully the cheerleaders will make up for it:

The good news is that I fooled them into letting me graduate, so maybe I'll have more time for my old Ford going forward...

Congrats!

Congratulations Matthew!

(now you're going to have to move out of Mom's house and get a job!) 🤣

That's tremendous!