Bullnose Forums

Lucky 81' F100

ETM

Think my Column is Duff, been looking at 4 speed and M5od Swap, going to be cheap an just get an T19 Close Ratio found a 2wd one local, just need to confirm that is correct, should just bolt in with out changing anything but the trans. Not having 2nd gear sucks to drive. this should be nice

I just did a quick look over your first post about over drive and transmission swap.

My 81 F100 came with a T18 that was needing help. I also looked in to an over drive trans but wanted something HD like a ZF5 but hard to find to fit a small block and a whole lot of money if you can find one!

I was able to find a NP435 that was a direct bolt in but it does not have over drive, I fixed that with an Advance Adaptor range splitter. It goes in front of the transmission and you can split all gears if you want.

I don't have a lot of miles on the truck since I installed the OD unit but so far I am happy with it.

I do have a post on the swap but I put a little more work on the install than most would as I wanted the stick to come out in the pan and it look factory stock.

20200627_165634.jpg.e3667284f4159791556d791f50b02aab.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Operation-NP435-amp-Over-Drive-td64090.html

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Think my Column is Duff, been looking at 4 speed and M5od Swap, going to be cheap an just get an T19 Close Ratio found a 2wd one local, just need to confirm that is correct, should just bolt in with out changing anything but the trans. Not having 2nd gear sucks to drive. this should be nice

Have not been daily the truck wish I was like it better have been calling around for that T19 all the sites have old data and they have been sold, may start looking at Other options or ordering the M5od parts (Still on the Fence).

IMG_20200731_221134.jpg.23dc2d659be15a7e0a4136f99ed3be55.jpg

Have not been daily the truck wish I was like it better have been calling around for that T19 all the sites have old data and they have been sold, may start looking at Other options or ordering the M5od parts (Still on the Fence).

Which truck/engine? The '81 w/the 300? The guys need to know that for sure.

I'm going to assume so, since that's the title of this thread.

So, you want a 2wd diesel ratio T-19 gearbox, correct?

I may know someone parting a IDI Dually.

Where in Ontario are you?

Southern Ontario, By Lake Erie Long Point, Would Take some Extra Parts aswell

Southern Ontario, By Lake Erie Long Point, Would Take some Extra Parts aswell

Ahhh, that's about in the middle of the lake.

Pretty far from Windsor -or- Niagara.

I'm unsure of border crossing with the Covid lockdowns anyhow, but let me ask Donnie what's up with the dually he's parting.

Duh! I missed the title. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But, how did you get to a diesel-ratio T-19 for a 300 six?

• 5 weeks later...

In case you ever do look into it, I can tell you there are a couple things that make the swap nice. The 3spd and the M5OD 5spd are only about 3/8" difference in the lengths, so your existing driveshaft will work, and your existing speedo cable will work. My truck being an '84 was a factory hydraulic clutch model, but it is an easy thing to swap in (Yes, I know you don't want it...lol, just FYI).

The 3spd trucks had a solid cab floor, so any swap to a floor shift will require cutting out the the hole for the tunnel cover. It's all stamped there...so all you need to do is follow the lines.

In any case, good luck with it.

So, it happened got an M5OD tonight now working on getting more parts so I can complete the swap.

IMG_20200911_183525.jpg.646913513ac4681b677f1d854f62f4f5.jpg

This car has to be my best farm truck hauled so much.

IMG_20200911_183518.jpg.876d7446b1f7b691839310c3990ff6a8.jpg

Now it is an waiting game on collecting parts.

Need to get:

-New Clutch

- Firewall reinforcement bracket (Thinking Bronco Graveyard)

- some fresh drive shaft U-joins (maybe)

and we will be ready to rip in no time

In case you ever do look into it, I can tell you there are a couple things that make the swap nice. The 3spd and the M5OD 5spd are only about 3/8" difference in the lengths, so your existing driveshaft will work, and your existing speedo cable will work. My truck being an '84 was a factory hydraulic clutch model, but it is an easy thing to swap in (Yes, I know you don't want it...lol, just FYI).

The 3spd trucks had a solid cab floor, so any swap to a floor shift will require cutting out the the hole for the tunnel cover. It's all stamped there...so all you need to do is follow the lines.

In any case, good luck with it.

So, it happened got an M5OD tonight now working on getting more parts so I can complete the swap.

This car has to be my best farm truck hauled so much.

Now it is an waiting game on collecting parts.

Need to get:

-New Clutch

- Firewall reinforcement bracket (Thinking Bronco Graveyard)

- some fresh drive shaft U-joins (maybe)

and we will be ready to rip in no time

That's a nice clean transmission. You are really going to appreciate the overdrive. It has really changed Big Blue's attitude. :nabble_smiley_good: