Bullnose Forums

Lucky 81' F100

ETM

Just was rereading over my post on my brakes sticking, it eat through my passage pads and I near hit the gate at my farm. So was time to fix it correctly as going to cheap out and not replace the calipers but, did some work and when and bought all new stuff, so new flex lines, calipers and pads. The right rotors are marked up but still had lots of meat on it so got it turned at an local shop, $40 vs $100 for an new one. When I was changing the one flex hose I snapped an Line :nabble_smiley_cry: But I have an Parts Stuck that I can go sell some parts off of. Saved an Trip into town

Old Vs some what old

All that new new

Not the most happy with the Car Quest calipers as they needed to be grinded to fit the slid pins, wasn't much work but I just bought them.

It Feels good to drive it to work again after having it side for 3 weeks.

Glad you got it going, Eric. And, it apparently didn't cost much. Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

• 6 months later...

Small Update, Just been Driving.

Need to do:

-Change Oil Pan Gasket - Should I just change the Gasket, Every post I've seen doing this, they suggest to change the oil pump? not having pressure issues so why bother

-Found another Vacuum Leak need to cap but ran out.

Want to do:

-M5od Swap it after finding out I don't need a new drive shaft (Thanks Cory)

-Re-gear Rear end and Seal and clean up

What is probably going to happen is that this will all way till Summer when it is nicer out. Rain and Snow is not fun to work with. Did the window channel last new years day in the snow as I was losing so much heat.

IMG_20200122_221056.jpg.44d1e0c9ff9c426555465c8378f9a6d6.jpg

Something Fun, Pulled my drift car engine in the Snow with the truck. Do not recommend doing it this way.

IMG_20191227_112845.jpg.296d7717a77837ab92bc5f47ff4664a9.jpg

Had an Deer pulled an Hit and Run, didn't want to exchange insurance information.

Did get the door pulled out later but need to pull the fender to try and get it out. Open to Ideas.

IMG_20200119_160906.jpg.30f8293e409a2a0dbb2b30de0b8bbd4c.jpg

Need to do:

-Change Oil Pan Gasket - Should I just change the Gasket, Every post I've seen doing this, they suggest to change the oil pump? not having pressure issues so why bother

Want to do:

What is probably going to happen is that this will all way till Summer when it is nicer out. Rain and Snow is not fun to work with. Did the window channel last new years day in the snow as I was losing so much heat.

Something Fun, Pulled my drift car engine in the Snow with the truck. Do not recommend doing it this way.

Had an Deer pulled an Hit and Run, didn't want to exchange insurance information.

Did get the door pulled out later but need to pull the fender to try and get it out. Open to Ideas.

I wouldn't bother with the oil pump if your pressure is good.

As for the deer, they seem to like Ford trucks. One did the same to Blue a bit over a year ago. Front fender reworked, passenger's door replaced, and rear door reworked. And, the same thing. He got up and ran away w/o exchanging info. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'm a big fan of the M5OD 5spd swap in the 1/2 ton trucks. It was a really easy swap on my truck, but my truck had a factory hydraulic clutch so that makes things a little bit easier. Converting a mechanical clutched truck to hydraulic is not a big deal...you just need the pedal set, and then the rest is pretty easy.

I'm a big fan of the M5OD 5spd swap in the 1/2 ton trucks. It was a really easy swap on my truck, but my truck had a factory hydraulic clutch so that makes things a little bit easier. Converting a mechanical clutched truck to hydraulic is not a big deal...you just need the pedal set, fire wall brace and then the rest is pretty easy.

I fixed it for you

Dave ----

fire wall brace

Dave ----

Is there and company that is good to get or make my own. Looked at them, Think I can make one.

I have not looked into it (yet) as my truck, 81 F100, uses linkage for the clutch.

If I ever go with a juice clutch I would do the brace so the firewall will not crack.

I think Jeff's Bronco Grave Yard has them from what I seen posted.

Maybe someone else knows who might have them?

Dave ----

fire wall brace

Dave ----

Is there and company that is good to get or make my own. Looked at them, Think I can make one.

I have not looked into it (yet) as my truck, 81 F100, uses linkage for the clutch.

If I ever go with a juice clutch I would do the brace so the firewall will not crack.

I think Jeff's Bronco Grave Yard has them from what I seen posted.

Maybe someone else knows who might have them?

Dave ----

I think Gary and Cory both have the smaller triangular brace.

My truck has 450+k miles and it's still ok with just that.

IIRC, it was $15 from Ford, and included all the bolts, self locking nuts and longer studs for the MC.

All in a little manila envelope.

• 4 months later...

Need to do:

Want to do:

Think my Column is Duff, been looking at 4 speed and M5od Swap, going to be cheap an just get an T19 Close Ratio found a 2wd one local, just need to confirm that is correct, should just bolt in with out changing anything but the trans. Not having 2nd gear sucks to drive. this should be nice

Think my Column is Duff, been looking at 4 speed and M5od Swap, going to be cheap an just get an T19 Close Ratio found a 2wd one local, just need to confirm that is correct, should just bolt in with out changing anything but the trans. Not having 2nd gear sucks to drive. this should be nice

For what it’s worth I really like my close ratio T19 behind the straight six.