Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Jim is right. Someone else posted a pic of that thing recently and asked what it is. And someone said it is a support for a connector. I was thinking it is C305 but I'm not finding anything about it. I'll keep looking ... :nabble_anim_working:

I appreciate the effort, but don’t kill yourselves trying to find that post. I may start a new thread tomorrow for it in hopes of getting additional eyes on the problem.

Also, I have a vague idea of the original orientation of the piece, so I can try to reposition it and see if there are any likely connectors in the vicinity. The piece fell free as soon as I took the nut off, so it may not even have been attached to anything. If so, it may not be worth worrying about.

Regardless, thanks for checking!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the effort, but don’t kill yourselves trying to find that post. I may start a new thread tomorrow for it in hopes of getting additional eyes on the problem.

Also, I have a vague idea of the original orientation of the piece, so I can try to reposition it and see if there are any likely connectors in the vicinity. The piece fell free as soon as I took the nut off, so it may not even have been attached to anything. If so, it may not be worth worrying about.

Regardless, thanks for checking!

Actually, was it this?

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Ignition-Switch-Question-td117073.html

A picture would be awesome if you have it - there is absolutely zero room up there, and I can only see anything if I lay on the floor with my legs hanging out of the truck, and use a little mechanic's mirror to get an angle on the switch. Still better than dropping that column, though.

Maybe this bracket?

E6C0EB51-CA13-47DF-8581-111DDE15C562.thumb.jpeg.6e1bbd267c2e90dc628a865c798c2e2e.jpeg

7A2D1151-E22F-47D1-A892-CD3450C50CD5.thumb.jpeg.3960a3d0acd15fd67a4506de429b7e17.jpeg

That sure looks like it! And it seems to be by C305A, so Gary’s memory is pretty good.

That should be everything I need to put things where they belong - thanks guys.

Yes! You found it! Both of y'all. Thanks! Maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought.

Matthew - Is there a number on it? I'd like to add info to the documentation this round, and can cross-ref the ID # that is on it to the part number.

Matthew - Is there a number on it?

Alas, no...that would have made the original search for its purpose easier. It's just a bare, stamped bit of metal.

Matthew - Is there a number on it?

Alas, no...that would have made the original search for its purpose easier. It's just a bare, stamped bit of metal.

Ok, thanks. I’ll put something up and link to it here… :nabble_anim_working: