Ignition Switch Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ignition Switch Question

82F150I6
While replacing the ignition switch on Great White, I encountered a bracket that I didn't expect from the documentation and the YouTube videos I watched.  The bracket was mounted on the ignition switch mounting stud closest to the firewall.  I didn't notice the bracket until it was loose so I didn't see what it might have been used for.  The bracket has a hole for the mounting stud on one end and a small barb on the other.  Any ideas?

82F150I6
1982 F150 4x4 Styleside, Dana 44 front axle, New Process 208 transfer case,  4 spd manual xmission, 4.9L engine.

2nd owner, purchased in 1986.  Best damned truck, ever!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ignition Switch Question

Dan Crowley
That's a bracket for the other wiring plug for head lights and turn signals etc. that comes out of the steering column just past the ignition switch plug.  The plug slides on to the end of the bracket.                                                                
Dan Crowley
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
yes that one anchors the gray crescent shaped coupler. the bracket has a 1/4' wide barb on the small end and the coupler has a relief slot for that. it just slips on but tight
Reply | Threaded
|

82F150I6
In reply to this post by 82F150I6
I'd never have guessed that.  Thanks, folks!
82F150I6
1982 F150 4x4 Styleside, Dana 44 front axle, New Process 208 transfer case,  4 spd manual xmission, 4.9L engine.

2nd owner, purchased in 1986.  Best damned truck, ever!