Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Let's see if this new page helps: Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks. And I think you need D1DZ 6261883-A, but see what you think. Looks to me like it is the same spring both sides.

That and the photos both help immensely...thank you!

And I agree that it's D1DZ 6261883-A, and it sure looks like it requires two, but why would it only indicate quantity 1?

Let's see if this new page helps: Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks. And I think you need D1DZ 6261883-A, but see what you think. Looks to me like it is the same spring both sides.

That and the photos both help immensely...thank you!

And I agree that it's D1DZ 6261883-A, and it sure looks like it requires two, but why would it only indicate quantity 1?

One per side?

I should have said 'right here in Connecticut, Walcott to be precise'

I'm in Stamford.... down in the toe.

It's still great to see there's still some manufacturing going on in a State that was renowned for its machine tools, firearms and bearings.

UT has sold off most of its profitable brands like Sikorsky and Norden.

They just merged with Rayethon and are moving corporate to Massachusetts, though plants in Hamden and all the independent suppliers are supposed to stay

Born and raised in Stamford, cove area, till I moved south in 2015.

As a kid walked pass FAG bearing going / come from school.

Yale & Town was one of the big Manfg. back in the day.

I forget what was in the Twin Rinks building before the ice skating?

And then there was Clairol Manfg.

I also did a few shooting matches as a kid at the firearms building.

How come "mad hatter state" never made it to the car plates? LOL

Dave ----

I should have said 'right here in Connecticut, Walcott to be precise'

I'm in Stamford.... down in the toe.

It's still great to see there's still some manufacturing going on in a State that was renowned for its machine tools, firearms and bearings.

UT has sold off most of its profitable brands like Sikorsky and Norden.

They just merged with Rayethon and are moving corporate to Massachusetts, though plants in Hamden and all the independent suppliers are supposed to stay

Born and raised in Stamford, cove area, till I moved south in 2015.

As a kid walked pass FAG bearing going / come from school.

Yale & Town was one of the big Manfg. back in the day.

I forget what was in the Twin Rinks building before the ice skating?

And then there was Clairol Manfg.

I also did a few shooting matches as a kid at the firearms building.

How come "mad hatter state" never made it to the car plates? LOL

Dave ----

As Matthew said this discussion is for another forum.....

We had the felt mill in Glenville.

The Byram river would run green, red, blue, or whatever they were dyeing that day.

Hat city is Danbury!

Maybe Gary would authorize an off topic thread, or a 'lounge' where us old farts could talk about things back in the day?

As Matthew said this discussion is for another forum.....

We had the felt mill in Glenville.

The Byram river would run green, red, blue, or whatever they were dyeing that day.

Hat city is Danbury!

Maybe Gary would authorize an off topic thread, or a 'lounge' where us old farts could talk about things back in the day?

Jim - Authorize? Why do I have to authorize it? This is our forum.

So, What do we call it? Back In The Day? The Lounge? Whatever? Off Topic?

Jim - Authorize? Why do I have to authorize it? This is our forum.

So, What do we call it? Back In The Day? The Lounge? Whatever? Off Topic?

It's YOUR forum, that you graciously allow us to participate in.

Every page starts with "Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)"

Anyway, it might be nice to have it stickied.

(I know, I know, it's already getting cluttered up there)

I don't want to choose. Maybe a poll?

It's YOUR forum, that you graciously allow us to participate in.

Every page starts with "Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)"

Anyway, it might be nice to have it stickied.

(I know, I know, it's already getting cluttered up there)

I don't want to choose. Maybe a poll?

It would be mighty lonely w/o y'all. It is OUR forum.

Anyway, we have a new poll: What Do We Call THE HANGOUT? THE LOUNGE?

While it would be nice to have the proper spring in there, if I can find one for a reasonable price, I'm actually not hung up on having the precisely correct part; I can probably find a spring laying around here or at the hardware store that would do the job.

I'm in the middle of a major exam for school so I haven't had much opportunity to make progress on the truck, but I did have enough time between code runs to fiddle with the seat track latch. I bought a $2 spring from Ace hardware, robbed our holiday closet for a Christmas decoration stake, and voila:

IMG_0238.jpg.da4ca0cf8053ced3e9f8e3b427a5eea4.jpg

The track on the bottom is the factory-standard one, and the top one is the one I rigged. Sure, I could have spent $20 on eBay and waited a week for delivery for the correct spring, but what fun is that? This way whoever owns the truck after me will be able to gripe about the incompetent hack of a PO who came before him. :nabble_smiley_happy:

While it would be nice to have the proper spring in there, if I can find one for a reasonable price, I'm actually not hung up on having the precisely correct part; I can probably find a spring laying around here or at the hardware store that would do the job.

I'm in the middle of a major exam for school so I haven't had much opportunity to make progress on the truck, but I did have enough time between code runs to fiddle with the seat track latch. I bought a $2 spring from Ace hardware, robbed our holiday closet for a Christmas decoration stake, and voila:

The track on the bottom is the factory-standard one, and the top one is the one I rigged. Sure, I could have spent $20 on eBay and waited a week for delivery for the correct spring, but what fun is that? This way whoever owns the truck after me will be able to gripe about the incompetent hack of a PO who came before him. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Well done! And I doubt the next owner will be casting blame on the PO. :nabble_smiley_wink: