Bullnose Forums

Park brake cables

When I was redoing the system on mine, I ended up locating Dorman replacements through RockAuto.com

I got my R/R & L/R wheel cables from Auto Zone.

The only thing I found wrong with the cables were the springs that push the shoe park arms back were too long. The springs would bow out and rub the drums and you could not step on the ebrake pedal as the spring would not compress. I cut them shorter and may still need to make shorter.

My front cable was good.

Dave ----

I got my R/R & L/R wheel cables from Auto Zone.

The only thing I found wrong with the cables were the springs that push the shoe park arms back were too long. The springs would bow out and rub the drums and you could not step on the ebrake pedal as the spring would not compress. I cut them shorter and may still need to make shorter.

My front cable was good.

Dave ----

Hey Dave how did you joint the end back on to the cables as one of the cables that I ordered from Rockautos is to long as well. And the truck is a Flairside short bed if some one has any part numbers that would great

Hey Dave how did you joint the end back on to the cables as one of the cables that I ordered from Rockautos is to long as well. And the truck is a Flairside short bed if some one has any part numbers that would great

So it's 117".

I don't have a way to read my parts CD for the Ford part # but Dorman lists C93398 as front cable for 117" WB 1984-'91

Not sure if the LAPS in Oz can cross that number.

I see rear cables for with or without ambulance package listed for F-150, there is no distinction for wheelbase.

So it's 117".

I don't have a way to read my parts CD for the Ford part # but Dorman lists C93398 as front cable for 117" WB 1984-'91

Not sure if the LAPS in Oz can cross that number.

I see rear cables for with or without ambulance package listed for F-150, there is no distinction for wheelbase.

Yes it's a 117'' though I don't think that they (Oz parts stores) will be able to cross reference that part number. I will order them from RockAutos but I just want to get the right ones. What does it mine with ambulance package

Yes it's a 117'' though I don't think that they (Oz parts stores) will be able to cross reference that part number. I will order them from RockAutos but I just want to get the right ones. What does it mine with ambulance package

That is the Dorman part number for the front cable specific to swb pickups.

Rear cables can be had for regular (srw) trucks or the larger drums that come with the ambulance package.

I haven't looked or purchased from RA in quite some time due to their multiplying shipping charges and poor CS.

There were quite a few boycott discussions over on FTE...

But I suppose shipping down under costs enough that their dinging you for shipping from multiple warehouses is just a small piece of it.

That is the Dorman part number for the front cable specific to swb pickups.

Rear cables can be had for regular (srw) trucks or the larger drums that come with the ambulance package.

I haven't looked or purchased from RA in quite some time due to their multiplying shipping charges and poor CS.

There were quite a few boycott discussions over on FTE...

But I suppose shipping down under costs enough that their dinging you for shipping from multiple warehouses is just a small piece of it.

Thanks for that I'm after the rear cables and this is a US truck so I need to get the cables from the States. Yes - RA does charge a bit for shipping but I can't do much about that when I'm all the way over the other side of the world. At $16- $35 for the cables plus shipping that's a lot cheaper than I have seen some cables for sale over here at $150 plus and that's if they even fit.

Thanks for that I'm after the rear cables and this is a US truck so I need to get the cables from the States. Yes - RA does charge a bit for shipping but I can't do much about that when I'm all the way over the other side of the world. At $16- $35 for the cables plus shipping that's a lot cheaper than I have seen some cables for sale over here at $150 plus and that's if they even fit.

Or is there any other suppliers that that you can recommend that may ship o/s