Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you mount the dash you may want to mount the firewall pad & HVAC box.

Trying to work around & behind the dash can be a PITA.

Dave ----

Thanks for the tip.

So the dash is a little different now.

DSCN1988.jpg.86cf1087aef5328ff3db5314192ea937.jpg

Not quite going for the same look as my F150 since I'm only doing the equivalent to Ranger trim this time. But I am gonna run full B-pillar trim and a headliner since I already have them.

GEDC5584.jpg.a65fc82595c0a885da09863575c78269.jpg

So the dash is a little different now.

Not quite going for the same look as my F150 since I'm only doing the equivalent to Ranger trim this time. But I am gonna run full B-pillar trim and a headliner since I already have them.

I assume that's the same one and you painted it? It looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

What paint did you use?

I assume that's the same one and you painted it? It looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

What paint did you use?

Yep, same dash that came from the old cab. I wanted to use SEM, but at nearly $20 a can, I can't justify spending that kind of money on an entire interior refinish. I was originally going to coat the back of everything with the Duplicolor Vinyl Flat Black and then use SEM on the face of everything, however when I realized the Duplicolor Flat Black was a close match, I decided to just spray everything with the Duplicolor product. At $7 a can, it fits the "budget build" mentality a little more than SEM.

I previously used the Duplicolor paint on my F150, specifically the vinyl trim above the arm rests and a couple of other small pieces with great results.

What paint did you use?

Yep, same dash that came from the old cab. I wanted to use SEM, but at nearly $20 a can, I can't justify spending that kind of money on an entire interior refinish. I was originally going to coat the back of everything with the Duplicolor Vinyl Flat Black and then use SEM on the face of everything, however when I realized the Duplicolor Flat Black was a close match, I decided to just spray everything with the Duplicolor product. At $7 a can, it fits the "budget build" mentality a little more than SEM.

I previously used the Duplicolor paint on my F150, specifically the vinyl trim above the arm rests and a couple of other small pieces with great results.

Shaun - I understand. But I know SEM works and don't want to have to do it again, so I'll pay the extra.

Anyway, your interior looks great! Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

What paint did you use?

How does the paint wear on high use areas like the armrests, door trim, when you rest on them, etc.?

How does the paint wear on high use areas like the armrests, door trim, when you rest on them, etc.?

I don't have much experience with the Duplicolor long term since I no longer have my F150, but my brother's Ranger was re-done in SEM Landau Black and unfortunately he has quite a few spots that have worn down and need to be redone. Not sure what his prep regimen was, so that could play a factor. But I'm not really planning on spraying any of the high usage soft vinyl parts with exception to the visors. I'm gonna source those parts from an F600+ if possible.

Shaun - I understand. But I know SEM works and don't want to have to do it again, so I'll pay the extra.

X2

I also cant say over the long run as I don't have anything I can use at this time that I have used the SEM on.

Dave ----

X2

I also cant say over the long run as I don't have anything I can use at this time that I have used the SEM on.

Dave ----

No real updates but I did some maintenance on my Ranger and decided to take a shot of my two trucks together.

DSCN1992.jpg.8a6627d905e111991c8139fd6f303d53.jpg

Little Ranger grew quite a bit after I sold the F150. :nabble_smiley_happy:

DSCN0746_zps52c626cc.jpg.e83a46e4882703a21838a9b17d5c2584.jpg