Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Sounds like a good plan. It needs to be done anyway, so now is a good time.

Boy, it is hard to believe those two trucks are essentially the same. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Thanks guys!

Boy, it is hard to believe those two trucks are essentially the same. :nabble_smiley_oh:

They're two different animals now, but since the interiors are the same color, if I'm not paying attention it's easy to try to column shift the manual truck and vice versa. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The good thing about having two similar trucks is that I know what happened to one of them over the years, so I know what to expect with the other. I already have a list of things that I've updated on the 2003 that will need to be done on the 2002 so I don't run into the same issues.

The same can be said for the F350 too though, since I learned so much from the F150.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

They're two different animals now, but since the interiors are the same color, if I'm not paying attention it's easy to try to column shift the manual truck and vice versa. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The good thing about having two similar trucks is that I know what happened to one of them over the years, so I know what to expect with the other. I already have a list of things that I've updated on the 2003 that will need to be done on the 2002 so I don't run into the same issues.

The same can be said for the F350 too though, since I learned so much from the F150.

You have a nice fleet of blue ovals there Shaun. What's left to do to the Bullnose?

You have a nice fleet of blue ovals there Shaun. What's left to do to the Bullnose?

Thanks Cory!

As far as used parts goes, I still need to pickup a set of driveshafts and a transmission crossmember.

As for new parts, I need to send the engine to the machine shop, and once that's back I'll need all the goodies to go with that like heads, intake, cam, etc. After that will be the brake system, and then steering. There's probably a few small things I'm forgetting, but my list of things to do isn't really that bad.

Thanks Cory!

As far as used parts goes, I still need to pickup a set of driveshafts and a transmission crossmember.

As for new parts, I need to send the engine to the machine shop, and once that's back I'll need all the goodies to go with that like heads, intake, cam, etc. After that will be the brake system, and then steering. There's probably a few small things I'm forgetting, but my list of things to do isn't really that bad.

Just takes time and money, right?...lol. That isn't a bad list at all.

Thanks Cory!

Just takes time and money, right?...lol. That isn't a bad list at all.

Exactly. And when one of your trucks keeps acting up, both of those go down quite fast. Haha.

• 3 weeks later...

So where is the rust that cant be fixed? The picture of the cab that I can see does not look that bad.

I think mine was a lot worst than that.

And that was just the left side had to do the same on the other side also.

I got to ask you guys doing the cab swaps how you going to deal with the VIN being different than the frame VIN?

You have paper work on the frame & cab to show the DMV that you own both?

Dave ----

Dave, when you did the floors and the corners, did you replace the front cab mounts as well? I’m looking for information on how easy or difficult that was.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Carl. I answered it over in my thread

Dave ----

Back in December when I brought home what was left of Florida Man's hunting truck, I didn't have enough room in the bed of my Ranger to bring home the wheels and tires, so I had to leave them for a later date. Recently I headed back down south to see some friends and picked up the wheels and tires when I was down there. The tires are 315/75/16, and the wheels are factory 16x6. They're both old, so will only be used as roll-arounds. I decided to throw them on so I can get an idea of tire size for this truck, and I think 35's will be just right. Keep in mind the drivetrain is out of the truck, so the front will come down once I re-install the drivetrain.

DSCN2304.jpg.a4d04a1ce4afd3c3525c965da7e03f01.jpg

Back in December when I brought home what was left of Florida Man's hunting truck, I didn't have enough room in the bed of my Ranger to bring home the wheels and tires, so I had to leave them for a later date. Recently I headed back down south to see some friends and picked up the wheels and tires when I was down there. The tires are 315/75/16, and the wheels are factory 16x6. They're both old, so will only be used as roll-arounds. I decided to throw them on so I can get an idea of tire size for this truck, and I think 35's will be just right. Keep in mind the drivetrain is out of the truck, so the front will come down once I re-install the drivetrain.

Cool! I'm guessing the front will come down 3 - 4" with the drivetrain, batterie(s), radiator, etc.