Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

That is nice. I too wish I had a pad. Working in my gravel driveway.

Got the front end buttoned back up, and everything lines up great. I'm still searching for a useable hood, even in Florida they seem to all be rusted out or bent out of shape. May have to just bite the bullet and pick up a reman from NPD.

Also, I finally had enough of the black bumper. I realized the black paint was pretty poorly applied, so I decided to just spray bomb the bumper in the mean time since I plan to upgrade to a chrome version later down the road.

DSCN2071.jpg.cfc18eef9bacc5ed9e3b5f14636ac108.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the front end buttoned back up, and everything lines up great. I'm still searching for a useable hood, even in Florida they seem to all be rusted out or bent out of shape. May have to just bite the bullet and pick up a reman from NPD.

Also, I finally had enough of the black bumper. I realized the black paint was pretty poorly applied, so I decided to just spray bomb the bumper in the mean time since I plan to upgrade to a chrome version later down the road.

Well, in the dark the bumper looks good! How does it look in the daylight?

As for the front clip, you put it on before installing the engine? What do you use for an engine hoist? I find it much easier with my shop crane to have the radiator support, grille, and bumper off. What am I missing?

Well, in the dark the bumper looks good! How does it look in the daylight?

As for the front clip, you put it on before installing the engine? What do you use for an engine hoist? I find it much easier with my shop crane to have the radiator support, grille, and bumper off. What am I missing?

It looks better than it does at night. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm nowhere close to engine time right now. Maybe next year that will be my goal but right now I'm just trying to focus on the whole "on all 4 wheels" thing. I don't want truck parts to be scattered everywhere since I don't have the room for that, so the best place for them to be is on the truck. I'll revisit removing the front clip when it's time to throw an engine in, maybe next year, or maybe in five years at the rate I'm going. Either way, at the very least the radiator support will come back out. I've mastered the art of taking it out in one piece, so it won't be a major deal for me at that time.

It looks better than it does at night. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm nowhere close to engine time right now. Maybe next year that will be my goal but right now I'm just trying to focus on the whole "on all 4 wheels" thing. I don't want truck parts to be scattered everywhere since I don't have the room for that, so the best place for them to be is on the truck. I'll revisit removing the front clip when it's time to throw an engine in, maybe next year, or maybe in five years at the rate I'm going. Either way, at the very least the radiator support will come back out. I've mastered the art of taking it out in one piece, so it won't be a major deal for me at that time.

Good job on the bumper, then. As for the front clip, I understand the issue of being knee-deep in parts. So it makes sense to put them back on if it is going to be some time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Good job on the bumper, then. As for the front clip, I understand the issue of being knee-deep in parts. So it makes sense to put them back on if it is going to be some time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It dose look good and there is nothing wrong with painted bumpers.

I did the same to mine as no money for chroming them after I did some customizing to them.

Dave ----

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Excuse the phone pic, it's just easier. Haha.

So I've officially reached the point where I can't stand having a multi-colored truck. Everything but the roof has now been hit with the DA and is in primer. I'll probably tackle the roof tomorrow. I still have a ton of finish sanding to do, but hopefully I can get it all knocked out soon so that I can lay some cheap single stage color to match the fenders and doors. No point in making this thing shine when it's rough to begin with.

20191123_175143_(2).jpg.719d85282d186dd738e65519ee943247.jpg

Excuse the phone pic, it's just easier. Haha.

So I've officially reached the point where I can't stand having a multi-colored truck. Everything but the roof has now been hit with the DA and is in primer. I'll probably tackle the roof tomorrow. I still have a ton of finish sanding to do, but hopefully I can get it all knocked out soon so that I can lay some cheap single stage color to match the fenders and doors. No point in making this thing shine when it's rough to begin with.

Ok, tell me what you've done?