Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

• 2 weeks later...

:nabble_smiley_good:

Worked on sound deadening in the cab recently. My main goal was panels that made noise, and panels where heat could pass through, such as the transmission tunnel. The transmission tunnel and firewall are two places I didn't really put any deadening on my Ranger, and I really wish I had. I made sure I took care of it on this truck while I had the chance with the dash out. I still need to do the floor pans, but I'll wait until I fix the poor patch jobs first.

DSCN2132_(2).jpg.e581961c2c851050c296244e10c64234.jpg

Worked on sound deadening in the cab recently. My main goal was panels that made noise, and panels where heat could pass through, such as the transmission tunnel. The transmission tunnel and firewall are two places I didn't really put any deadening on my Ranger, and I really wish I had. I made sure I took care of it on this truck while I had the chance with the dash out. I still need to do the floor pans, but I'll wait until I fix the poor patch jobs first.

I like that, Shaun. Kinda wish I had BB's dash out so I could do that. NOT! I'll do it on Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Remind me what material you are using?

I like that, Shaun. Kinda wish I had BB's dash out so I could do that. NOT! I'll do it on Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks!

I am using Fat Mat Rattle Trap, but this time I went without the logo. I ordered 25 sq ft, which ends up coming in as five sheets rolled in a box. Two sheets took care of the firewall, the seat area, and the inspection cover. In all honesty, one hole sheet went into the inspection cover alone. If I use the rest sparingly like I plan, I should have enough left over to do the roof and the back wall as well.

Thanks!

I am using Fat Mat Rattle Trap, but this time I went without the logo. I ordered 25 sq ft, which ends up coming in as five sheets rolled in a box. Two sheets took care of the firewall, the seat area, and the inspection cover. In all honesty, one hole sheet went into the inspection cover alone. If I use the rest sparingly like I plan, I should have enough left over to do the roof and the back wall as well.

Are you doing anything to the doors?

Maybe I should do something on my truck while the seat is out.

I had a heck of a time getting it off (except where rust got under it)

Fein tool with a scraper blade and a bottle of lighter fluid helped immensely.

Are you doing anything to the doors?

Yes, I will do the inside of the outer skin, as well as parts of the inner door skin. But not until I find better doors, or at least a driver's door. The passenger is patchable but if I can find a good set, I'll replace it as well.

Nice job Shaun. I would love to add of this sound deadening material to my truck. Every time I see somebody doing this it makes me want it even more. Maybe when I pull my dash for the AC swap I'll do the firewall, and then the floor after that. My other problem is that my truck is a non-head liner model, so not sure what I'd do with the roof and such.

In any case, nice job man. Looks good.

Need a windshield too, huh?...lol.

Nice job Shaun. I would love to add of this sound deadening material to my truck. Every time I see somebody doing this it makes me want it even more. Maybe when I pull my dash for the AC swap I'll do the firewall, and then the floor after that. My other problem is that my truck is a non-head liner model, so not sure what I'd do with the roof and such.

In any case, nice job man. Looks good.

Need a windshield too, huh?...lol.

Yes nice job.

Right now my truck only has the factory firewall pad, no head liner but I did use spray foam but the other day when tapping on the inside the foam did not reach most of the areas, and I don't have anything on the floor other than 2 coats of roll on bed liner.

I do have 2 strips in each door of the Peel & Stick. I added it to kill a little noise but to make the doors sound more solid when closing and because of the speakers in the doors for a little better sound.

I get more noise from stones hitting the un-covered floor and wind noise on the right door from the upper front corner. That could be fixed with the wind gasket / seals that I have not installed yet.

But all in all I don't think it is that noisy in side.

I also don't think I get all that much heat coming from any of them areas for the need to put mat down.

At some point I want to install carpet and that should take care of the noise & any heat coming from that area.

Just my .02

Dave ----

Yes, I will do the inside of the outer skin, as well as parts of the inner door skin. But not until I find better doors, or at least a driver's door. The passenger is patchable but if I can find a good set, I'll replace it as well.

So the 5 sheets you ordered won't be enough to also do the doors? I was asking to figure out how many sheets I'll need.