Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

I suspect that we are dealing with the fact that Ford never threw a single part away. So if they had some of the ~86-88 strikers still available they went on the vehicles rolling down the line - whatever year that was. If I'm right on that, a 1990 could have gotten a 1986/88 striker.

Yes, that and the fact that there were multiple plants building these trucks in at least two different countries;). What I find on the Canadian built trucks up here may not always be 100% indicative of what came out of the various plants in the USA. I know that generally they are all the same, but there will be little quirks and differences here and there for sure.

The ones I've found on the later 1994-1996 trucks have crisp 7/16" threads in them. Enough so that a regular bolt threads into them nicely.

Otherwise they are identical in every respect. A lot of things can change over the years too, so it is possible that I've come across a batch of trucks that all had had their door strikers replaced? Who the heck knows.

Cory - Ford appears to have either gathered the extra/leftover parts from all the factories and shipped them to just a few plants, or if the just-in-time delivery idea was in place then they had the unused parts that were still at the manufacturer shipped to just a few plants. You can see that in what we figured out on the door locks here: Documenation/Interior/Doors/Door Locks. In other words, as new things were phased in the old things came out of a few plants and the new things out of the other plants.

So it may be that the plant in Ontario was an early adopter?

Cory - Ford appears to have either gathered the extra/leftover parts from all the factories and shipped them to just a few plants, or if the just-in-time delivery idea was in place then they had the unused parts that were still at the manufacturer shipped to just a few plants. You can see that in what we figured out on the door locks here: Documenation/Interior/Doors/Door Locks. In other words, as new things were phased in the old things came out of a few plants and the new things out of the other plants.

So it may be that the plant in Ontario was an early adopter?

Both of my trucks were from Norfolk. Both also had DSO codes of 24 for Jacksonville, FL.

What's also interesting to note, the parts truck frame is stamped E7TE, even though it's an 86 truck.

What's also interesting to note, my frame is stamped E7TE, even though it's an 86 truck.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Your truck is WEIRD! :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, it has both an '87 frame and '87 door strikers? What else? What was the production date on it?

I'm not 100% certain on the build date but I know it was between March and July of 86.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd agree with this assessment.

I do believe retooling shutdowns were usually in August.

Finally have a rear bumper once again. Just need to clean it up a little more, rust proof the inside, re-caulk the step plate and she'll be good to go.

Hopefully in the next few weeks my RSK will be in and I can start putting the truck back on all four wheels. Then I can start work on drivetrain things! :nabble_smiley_good:

DSCN2075.jpg.3095a59c1fa4bd893504fd41c3db1126.jpg

Finally have a rear bumper once again. Just need to clean it up a little more, rust proof the inside, re-caulk the step plate and she'll be good to go.

Hopefully in the next few weeks my RSK will be in and I can start putting the truck back on all four wheels. Then I can start work on drivetrain things! :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good, Shaun. :nabble_smiley_good:

It does look good.

Once on all 4's it will feel good like you got something done for a change, it did for me on my project.

Dave ----

Thanks guys!

It does look good.

Once on all 4's it will feel good like you got something done for a change, it did for me on my project.

Dave ----

Exactly, I've been hesitant to do any heavy work on the truck with it being on jackstands. Once it's on it's own wheels I can start doing things like replacing all the parts on the front axle and I can start looking towards the driveline.