Bullnose Forums

Old Blue - 1984 XL Flareside

ckuske

Your interior does look great, Chris!

Is that the printed speaker patch that Gary designed?

As for my Sony radio, I'm no fan of the app and had to uninstall it from my phone to keep my sanity.

... I'll admit to being technically challenged. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I have a Lilland midship tank from RA.

Seems high quality.

** and it looks like I'll be getting a rear soon!

I just filled up and my truck is dripping! :nabble_smiley_sad:

Its a pita with my receiver hitch but I'm in no position to pull the bed.

Hi Guys,

Thanks! It's a stock radio with the internals replaced with the Aurora FMR - pricey, but it was a good alternative to me. You can set the radio settings via a file you put on a USB stick. The radio has Bluetooth, Hands Free, and the cassette still works too!

https://www.tech-retro.com/aurora-design/home.html

The speaker patch, it was there from the previous owner. I'm not sure where they got it from, but it looks pretty good considering its a patch! Someday I hope to get it restored here by a place in the San Fernando Valley, but I need to strike gold first. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Thanks! It's a stock radio with the internals replaced with the Aurora FMR - pricey, but it was a good alternative to me. You can set the radio settings via a file you put on a USB stick. The radio has Bluetooth, Hands Free, and the cassette still works too!

The speaker patch, it was there from the previous owner. I'm not sure where they got it from, but it looks pretty good considering its a patch! Someday I hope to get it restored here by a place in the San Fernando Valley, but I need to strike gold first. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

That's the kind of radio I want to put in Dad's truck. Looks factory but isn't. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's the kind of radio I want to put in Dad's truck. Looks factory but isn't. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep! When I was younger, I wanted everything in the truck to look newer. Now I'm trying to make it look older, and am spending good money on that, haha.

Hi Guys,

Ok, I did my timing chain homework. There is so much junk in the way to see the timing mark clearly, but as best I can tell, there is maybe 2 or 3 degrees at most of slack in the chain.

Ok, I did my timing chain homework. There is so much junk in the way to see the timing mark clearly, but as best I can tell, there is maybe 2 or 3 degrees at most of slack in the chain.

Alright! That's another bullet dodged. :nabble_anim_jump:

So you won't need to tear the front down and can move on to the next low hanging fruit.

Have you done any more reading on torque converter symptoms?

Alright! That's another bullet dodged. :nabble_anim_jump:

So you won't need to tear the front down and can move on to the next low hanging fruit.

Have you done any more reading on torque converter symptoms?

I'm starting to dig into it. When you Google anything about "torque converter" and "stall", you get lots of stuff about the stall speed, which is a different thing from my basic understanding so far.

If anything, it makes sense to me (which is always questionable) that the torque converter is locking up too early, causing the engine to lug and stall. But, I am not an expert.

Some pages mention the engine stalling as a symptom of a bad torque converter or a transmission problem in general, though...

I'm starting to dig into it. When you Google anything about "torque converter" and "stall", you get lots of stuff about the stall speed, which is a different thing from my basic understanding so far.

If anything, it makes sense to me (which is always questionable) that the torque converter is locking up too early, causing the engine to lug and stall. But, I am not an expert.

Some pages mention the engine stalling as a symptom of a bad torque converter or a transmission problem in general, though...

Instead of "stall" use a term like loading or shudder.

Not to be a Luddite but I miss Boolean operators and primitive browsers like Alta Vista and Netscape.👴

Instead of "stall" use a term like loading or shudder.

Not to be a Luddite but I miss Boolean operators and primitive browsers like Alta Vista and Netscape.👴

I write boolean and ternary statements all day, so I agree with you! :) I just looked, you can use "AND" or "OR", but there is no "NOT" for example. Drat. I remember the Netscape 4.x days, using Trumpet Winsock on Windows 95... sigh

Good idea on shudder etc