Bullnose Forums

Old Blue - 1984 XL Flareside

ckuske

Another vote for the Noico 80mil product. I have used this on various vehicles with great results.

Did you notice any odor during or after install? I've seen some comments about that in reviews. How does it do with heat?

Noico doesn't seem to indicate it does much to prevent heat from getting through, while Dynamat does.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice any odor during or after install? I've seen some comments about that in reviews. How does it do with heat?

Noico doesn't seem to indicate it does much to prevent heat from getting through, while Dynamat does.

I used the Noico. I read about the smell. I sniffed it before I installed and didn't smell anything before or after. Install note: WHATEVER you use to roll/burnish the matts: DON'T forget it in the doors - just saying. lol

I used 3 pieces inside the outer skin of my doors. And some scraps on the inner panel. That seems like where Most of the reverberation is in the doors. I can't say with any empirical evidence that it made a difference. However, it seems a little less boomy in the cab going down the road.

I doubt I will put anything on the floor. I have the carpet GSM sent me with the upgrade backing. It looks kinda like what is under my OEM carpet. At the end of the day, it is an 81 Ford pickup - not a Cadillac. Gonna be noisier than a car. But it's pretty nice now, I must say.

I used the Noico. I read about the smell. I sniffed it before I installed and didn't smell anything before or after. Install note: WHATEVER you use to roll/burnish the matts: DON'T forget it in the doors - just saying. lol

I used 3 pieces inside the outer skin of my doors. And some scraps on the inner panel. That seems like where Most of the reverberation is in the doors. I can't say with any empirical evidence that it made a difference. However, it seems a little less boomy in the cab going down the road.

I doubt I will put anything on the floor. I have the carpet GSM sent me with the upgrade backing. It looks kinda like what is under my OEM carpet. At the end of the day, it is an 81 Ford pickup - not a Cadillac. Gonna be noisier than a car. But it's pretty nice now, I must say.

I did the same in the doors only, nothing on the floor other than the used carpet with backing it came with.

I did not have the truck on the road with nothing in the doors but did before the carpet and it was night and day difference on the noise!

Dave ----

I did the same in the doors only, nothing on the floor other than the used carpet with backing it came with.

I did not have the truck on the road with nothing in the doors but did before the carpet and it was night and day difference on the noise!

Dave ----

You guys are right, I need to remember this is an old truck, not a luxury car.

So I got my correct pair of radiator mounts, it's been a long day so maybe I'm going to get the dunce cap...

The nubs on the bottom of the insulators seem to orient themselves in such a way that the "trough" of the insulators that the radiator would sit in is facing outwards, instead of inwards. The nubs insert into the radiator support itself and are keyed in such a way that you can't swap one side for the other or orient them in another way. I don't have a "before" picture, but this seems odd. Thoughts?

IMG_3100.jpg.26e56609181efb6916a7872fc1462967.jpg

You can do a lot to make them better, but still going to have noises not present in a new car. I have a speedo cable clicking that sounds like a valve. From when I bought truck in March til now it has apparently moved down the cable, from the instrument panel end to now it's down at the trans. I'm kinda afraid to look much for fear of messing something up that is working, just noisy. No reason not to try to make it as nice as possible.

When you take care of one source of noise, seems like there is some other noise that appears, just to keep you on your toes.

You can do a lot to make them better, but still going to have noises not present in a new car. I have a speedo cable clicking that sounds like a valve. From when I bought truck in March til now it has apparently moved down the cable, from the instrument panel end to now it's down at the trans. I'm kinda afraid to look much for fear of messing something up that is working, just noisy. No reason not to try to make it as nice as possible.

When you take care of one source of noise, seems like there is some other noise that appears, just to keep you on your toes.

As Gary says, there are many layers to the onion!

You are right, there are many layers. When you get rid of one noise you start finding others. And there are usually plenty of them. But I'm getting many of them worked out on Big Blue. Keep at it and you will, too. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You should come ride in my Bronco, noisiest vehicle I have ever owned!