Bullnose Forum

What Color Should The Buttons Be?

What Color Should These Buttons Be?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Primary button? (It is currently the default blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  2. 2. Alternate button? (It is currently green.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  3. 3. Normal button? (It is currently yellow.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  4. 4. Important button? (It is currently red.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  5. 5. Light button? (It is currently a light blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other

11 minutes ago, Good Tester 9 said:

Gary, InVision is just crazy!

Crazy GOOD!  There are some oddities, like turning off all signatures and then having problems getting them back, but overall it is a huge blessing!

1 hour ago, Gary Lewis said:

I have to put a hex code in  Don't know how Vivek is doing it, but his results seem to be pretty close on this tablet.

I just google the color name, find a website with an e-swatch. I then take a screenshot of it, paste it in MS Paint and use the "color picker" feature to find what color it is.. once you click on the color it produces that screenshot with the RGB and hex code.

Edited by viven44
  • Like 1

Dave - Thanks, but I don't think we are ready to modify anything yet.  In fact, I have no clue what we can modify with CSS.  I'd rather get the easier stuff done, like the colors, and then see if there's something we want to do.  So can I take a rain check on this?

Jeff - You caught me!  The first page you linked to is at Documentation/Specifications/Exterior Paint Codes. And it is the best summary of what colors were available as it comes from the Master Parts Catalog.

I don't know for sure how you got to the second one, but you can get there by going to Library/Adverts & Brochures and scrolling down to the view shown below and clicking on 1986.

But I'd forgotten that I had the 1983 paint chips there on a tab called Paint Chats.  (:nabble_smiley_cry:)  Since we have all 7 of the yearly charts my first thought was to put another set of tabs below Paint Charts (I fixed it) and show all of the charts there by year.  However, I then remembered that more than 5 tabs doesn't work well as there's an arrow button on the right that you have to push to find #'s 6 & 7, and that's on a real computer.  But if you are on an itty bitty iPhone you might not even see # 4 w/o pushing the button.

So my suggestion is to delete the 1963 chart from the Paint Charts tab and put links to the yearly charts there.  That way people can click on the link w/o having to go to the Adverts & Brochures page and scrolling down and then clicking on the year.  Does that make sense?

ExteriorPaintColorChips.thumb.jpg.456721854d21d3943eae8e5327a0a0ef.jpg

7 hours ago, viven44 said:

I just google the color name, find a website with an e-swatch. I then take a screenshot of it, paste it in MS Paint and use the "color picker" feature to find what color it is.. once you click on the color it produces that screenshot with the RGB and hex code.

I don't fully understand "e-swatch".  And Googling it didn't fully educate me.  But you are aware we have the paint chips on the site, as discussed above.  Right?

55 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

I don't fully understand "e-swatch".

Ford Bright Canyon Red 2E (everestautomotivemarket.com)

This link for example has a sample of that color. That is what I'm calling an e-swatch.

56 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

we have the paint chips on the site

If you are referring to the scanned ones in the 'Paint Charts' tab, those are not as reliable as we are dependent on how accurate the brochure's printer was and how accurate the scanner was in reproducing the color