Bullnose Forum

What Color Should The Buttons Be?

What Color Should These Buttons Be?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Primary button? (It is currently the default blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  2. 2. Alternate button? (It is currently green.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  3. 3. Normal button? (It is currently yellow.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  4. 4. Important button? (It is currently red.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other
  5. 5. Light button? (It is currently a light blue.)

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Other

If you think you are seeing things you may be right.  I've been playing with the button colors in the AdminCP.  You can see the default colors on the left, save for the Important Button, which I'd changed to red last evening.  But on the right are the colors I set the various buttons to this morning.

The intent of changing the colors was mainly to find out what a "primary" button is as opposed to "alternate".  Or "normal".  etc.

So please click on the Poll tab, above, and tell me what you think the colors should be.  I can easily put them back to the nice, pleasant blue default color, but what fun would that be?  :nabble_smiley_evil:

Also, Vivek suggested that we make the colors Bullnose specific, like Bright Regatta Blue Metallic from 1985.  I played with that a bit and found that my various screens render the same hex color so differently that trying to get them all to show the same color was futile.

ButtonColorsasof10012024AM.thumb.jpg.9638c6b202be89e6dfd9989ba92bcaa6.jpgButtonColorTest-10012024.thumb.jpg.1ef1f630cb49dd5ad0a478315d3f3e1d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bronco638 said:

Not so sure that yellow should be the Normal button. Yellow and Red have connotations of importance or warning. Maybe the Normal button could be a Medium or Dark Green?

It is going to be difficult for me to figure out what everyone said in words.  Which is why I set up the poll.  So if you wouldn't mind indulging me, Dave, could you vote?  Then, after we've given this some time, if Normal has several votes for Green maybe we can discuss what shade of green.  Maybe 81 - 86 Medium Dark Spruce Metallic or 81 Medium Spruce Metallic?

It isn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer.  Scroll to the top of the thread, press the radio button of the color you want for each button/question, and hit Submit Vote at the bottom of the poll.

You are in the wrong mode of the poll.  At the bottom of the poll there are two options: Submit Vote and Show Results.  You are in the latter.  Click on Submit Vote and you'll see the radio buttons.

RadioButtonsForVoting.thumb.jpg.20f772698a2d131d23c6d4fa9d88ece1.jpg

33 minutes ago, Bronco638 said:

I must be a nitwit because I can't figure out how to vote.

Joining the nitwit club. I can't figure out either. Can't see any submit vote button either 👀