Bullnose Forums

Elusive Firewall Oval Rubber Plug

Gents,

I was walking through the junkyard this morning and I happened to come across a Bullnose that still had the elusive oval rubber plug in the firewall. If anybody is looking for one of these, let me know. Most guys want them to plug the firewall hole when converting from the feedback system to Duraspark ignition, or when converting a later 1985.5-1986 EFI truck to carb. Anyway...people are looking for them from time to time...I believe Frogger2662 was searching for one a while back, although I can't remember if that was 2months or 2 years ago LOL. In any case, free to a good home, if you NEED it...I don't want to give it to someone who is going to throw it in a junk bin. If no one needs one currently, I'll mail it to Gary for the swap meet.

IMG_3576.jpeg.742b5e5bc594994fc6b1ef0323e6b010.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg.33cd610fffedda977496a3e4b81d0260.jpeg

IMG_3584.jpeg.ec2f313150577fae5ec1d3ed5df0238e.jpeg

IMG_3585.jpeg.990aa3db5b0a2b2959d77c0a9ddf09f1.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg.2a74c72ecdaa357cf39c943c9d411422.jpeg

Cool!

It would sure be nice if there could be a material we could use to 3D print the various body plugs as some, like this one, are very hard to find.

Gary,

These particular plugs seem to be way more common up here as I think the majority of our Bullnoses kept the DSII ignitions right up until the end in 1986.

In any case, I grab them when I see them. I've had a few now that I mailed out to other Bullnosers.

Sir,

I would like to purchase it form you!!!

Regards, Todd

Hi Todd,

Do you still have the 1981 F100 in your signature?

I don't think this plug is needed unless you have an 84-86 truck. Gary correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this oval hole showed up in the firewall until 1983 or 1984?

I recently changed my 86 inline 300 to an HEI distributor since the original feedback carb was already gone when I got the truck. Boy, having a distributor that advances sure made a difference. But what I haven't done yet is remove all the unnecessary wiring. There appears to be a lot that can be removed, but it seemed like intermixed in there was stuff that needed to stay. Are you saying that on an 86 truck, if I've switched to a regular carb and DSII or HEI, all of the wiring out of that oval hole can just be removed from under the hood?

Sir,

I would like to purchase it form you!!!

Regards, Todd

Hi Todd,

Do you still have the 1981 F100 in your signature?

I don't think this plug is needed unless you have an 84-86 truck. Gary correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this oval hole showed up in the firewall until 1983 or 1984?

Oh OK... My apologies... My truck is at a paint shop getting redone. I've striped the engine bay and wasn't sure..

Thank you Todd

Interesting… I did not know this plug was a desirable item. I will have to double check when I get home but I think my crew cab has this. Perhaps junkyard 6.9 IDI’s might be a source for these… Non-catalyst 460 and 351 HO also???