Bullnose Forums

Gas Door Bumpers

Has anyone been able to order gas door bumpers for 85 f150? I have ordered from several suppliers and I get the same wrong ones. They do not fit the body, they fit the hinge only. Kieth at LMC was looking into it a year ago and still nothing. Does anyone know where to find them? CJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a supplier for you but I might have a solution. Maybe a decade ago, I was into 2nd Gen. Explorers. I hated the rocker trim that came on the truck. However, removing it left a series of nine holes in the rocker panel. I was able to find some 'rubber bumper grommets' that worked perfectly to seal the holes by simply Googling that term. To add icing on the cake, the supplier sent me a sample of 25 pieces which was more than I needed. Granted, the parts I was able to locate are not exactly the same as what you're looking for. But, start with a Google search and let the internet take you down a rabbit hole. You never know what you might find and you might even get parts for free! HTH

I don't know if anyone has, but you might be able to help us figure it out. The Standard & Utility Parts Catalog, which you can see on our page at Documentation/Reference/Standard & Utility Parts Catalog, has the page shown below - although I've shortened it a bit for this post.

If you can determine what size is needed maybe we'd have a part number. And if that doesn't work there's the Auveco catalog.

Rubber_Bumpers_In_SUPC.thumb.jpg.50af9034ceadf5d804566b8bdef4d133.jpgRubber_Bumper_Sizes.thumb.jpg.ecbd1f7051821342f1cc211bd88c4e07.jpg

I think it was Cory that mentioned the one you need, and that perhaps it was the same as Dodge????

I'll check at lunch.

Cory said he got some from a Dodge that were a hair too tall, and he cut them with a razor....

David came up with these: https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/bronco/fuel-system/gas-tank/378359-s-gas-filler-door-bumper--on-bo

I don't know for sure that they are correct, because I don't have the same bed or filler pockets on my Brick...

Cory said he got some from a Dodge that were a hair too tall, and he cut them with a razor....

David came up with these: https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/bronco/fuel-system/gas-tank/378359-s-gas-filler-door-bumper--on-bo

I don't know for sure that they are correct, because I don't have the same bed or filler pockets on my Brick...

Jim, I ordered the same ones, they fit the hinge only as shown in illustration. They also sent the ones to fit the body, they do not, they are also too small to fit the holes. One supplier said they installed a set on truck in parking lot. My truck has the originals and the stem fits a 5/16 hole and all that were sent me were about 3/16 stem. Surely someone has installed these before from somewhere. I Don’t think this is a unique production change but then again it is a Ford. The chart Gary posted says the stem ©, is 5/16 for that part #. Part # mix up? CJ

Jim, I ordered the same ones, they fit the hinge only as shown in illustration. They also sent the ones to fit the body, they do not, they are also too small to fit the holes. One supplier said they installed a set on truck in parking lot. My truck has the originals and the stem fits a 5/16 hole and all that were sent me were about 3/16 stem. Surely someone has installed these before from somewhere. I Don’t think this is a unique production change but then again it is a Ford. The chart Gary posted says the stem ©, is 5/16 for that part #. Part # mix up? CJ

CJ - Can you measure yours? And show us a picture or two? I should have the ones from Dad's truck and the ones from Big Blue are still there, I think, so could see if they are the same between 81 and 85.

CJ - Can you measure yours? And show us a picture or two? I should have the ones from Dad's truck and the ones from Big Blue are still there, I think, so could see if they are the same between 81 and 85.

IMG_0161.jpeg.63b92ca14162ffad08025545bc8c8390.jpegIMG_0162.jpeg.c36d13f630b57aa8817e4b1df7825f28.jpegIMG_0163.jpeg.a46ea5d92bfd582558647d610b1fd64d.jpeg4 IMG_0164.jpeg.09bb6d19037c7273211b50f0332380ff.jpeg. The original and others.CJ

4 . The original and others.CJ

CJ, I ordered and installed the "on body" bumpers #41-1597 from LMC.

They fitted perfectly, but I can't remember what diameter were the holes.

I'll check tomorrow, maybe I ordered more than two, if so I could mesure it.

If not, I'll check if I can take out one without breaking it, and mesure the body hole.

The general look of these #41-1597 is very similar to your original one, conical tips.