Bullnose Forums

'86 f-350 4x4 cab/chassis with factory 8'box

hello,.kinda a newer member here,.i have owned many obs/bullnose fords over the years,.i recently bought a really clean rust free 86 f-350 4x4 out of nevada,it spent its whole life on a ranch about 200mi north of vegas, i knew there was something off about the wheelbase as the rear tires were about 4" offset from center of wheelwell,. the owner special ordered it,from much digging, the truck came from the factory with the 8'box,the truck has never been repainted,the vin starts out with 1fd not 1ft,has 34" frame in rear,it came from the factory with no rear bumper as ford didnt make bumper brackets for a 34" frame, it has a factory original license plate bracket with light on the left lower rear of the box because of no bumper,this thing is a Tank.!,only has 30,146mi on it and has pretty much most of its original parts including radiator hoses,exhaust with the original muffler,the doors have the two sets of mirror bolt holes for both style mirrors, it is a factory non catalist truck,.i havent sent in for a marti report yet,.i was wondering if anyone else out there has run across a truck like this, i know its not a one off, the box has factory spot welded extra box bolt brackets,the box is double bolted on all the box bolt locations,..i have read some ford truck memos/sale brosures that talk about a box on a cab chassis,..any info would be great,..thanks

Welcome Bobby! :nabble_waving_orig:

I've seen 'bed delete' pickup trucks that are a normal width & length but I've never seen a C&C truck that came from the factory with an 8' pickup bed.

I know at that time there were no 4x4 350 duallies, but there were 4x4 dually C&C trucks.

What does the door sticker say for WB and GVWR?

Does it say "incomplete vehicle"?

If you get the Marti, I hope you share it with us.

It's really interesting to meet a unicorn like that! :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's really interesting about the truck. But 1FD means it was an incomplete vehicle and someone else put something on to complete it. Yes, I'd like to see pics.

Where's home? We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's really interesting about the truck. But 1FD means it was an incomplete vehicle and someone else put something on to complete it. Yes, I'd like to see pics.

Where's home? We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and can add you with a city/state or zip.

This is what I was getting at. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

It was a dealer or upfitter that installed a pickup bed.

It never came off the line like that.