Bullnose Forums

Clutch Lever Dust Boot for 302/SROD?

It seems that no one reproduces a clutch lever dust boot for the 302 with cast iron clutch housing.

I tried to find the boot in the diagrams and failed. I do know that the Clutch Housing is E0TZ 7505-C and the lever is E0TZ 7515-A. From the Shop Manual, I do know that the main part of the part number is 7513 (which the Manual refers to as a 'shield'). I just don't know the prefix and suffix.

I figured I'd try to find something that's close, dimensionally, from another Ford vehicle but without the Ford part number for the (discontinued) boot, I have to go by dimensions and/or appearance (which isn't easy because not all sites provide dimensions).

I measured the hole in the clutch housing: 3.125" x 2.5" (x 2.5" in height)

Can anyone provide the dust boot part number (and maybe explain how you found it so I can figure it out next time)? TIA.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference between 2 and 4wd bells in 1980?

I do not see a distinction between two and four wheel drive for the clutch housing. I've looked in the site's documentation (LINK) as well as my 1980 Ford Shop Manual ), page 16-02-4. The illustration description reads; "Clutch installation - F-100-350 and Bronco with 4.9 (300 CID) and 5.0 (302 CID) Engine".

I know the illustrations in the shop manual are for reference only but the illustration on the previous page, which is for "Clutch Installation - One-Piece Flywheel Housing - E-100-350" shows the clutch housing with the four ribs and one vent hole. The F Series clutch housing illustration shows the clutch housing with nine ribs and two vent holes. Based on that, it would seem I have the clutch housing for the E-Series vans but the site's documentation (linked above) shows the same part number for 80-86 F100/350, U150 (w/o 351M/400) and 80-86 E100/350. The clutch housing part number changes in 1983. :nabble_anim_confused:

Other things I do know; my clutch housing is cast iron and the transmission doesn't seem to want to come out of it (as if the input shaft housing is stuck in the housing or rusted to it). :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

What's the difference between 2 and 4wd bells in 1980?

I do not see a distinction between two and four wheel drive for the clutch housing. I've looked in the site's documentation (LINK) as well as my 1980 Ford Shop Manual ), page 16-02-4. The illustration description reads; "Clutch installation - F-100-350 and Bronco with 4.9 (300 CID) and 5.0 (302 CID) Engine".

I know the illustrations in the shop manual are for reference only but the illustration on the previous page, which is for "Clutch Installation - One-Piece Flywheel Housing - E-100-350" shows the clutch housing with the four ribs and one vent hole. The F Series clutch housing illustration shows the clutch housing with nine ribs and two vent holes. Based on that, it would seem I have the clutch housing for the E-Series vans but the site's documentation (linked above) shows the same part number for 80-86 F100/350, U150 (w/o 351M/400) and 80-86 E100/350. The clutch housing part number changes in 1983. :nabble_anim_confused:

Other things I do know; my clutch housing is cast iron and the transmission doesn't seem to want to come out of it (as if the input shaft housing is stuck in the housing or rusted to it). :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'm thinking it must be C5TZ-7513-A, the same as any previous ones.

When I go into applications this is what I find for 1980... but I know it's the same for 82, & 3

It changed for '84 because that's when the Windsor pattern bell trucks got hydraulic clutch.

https://a.co/d/2OVYehi

I'm thinking it must be C5TZ-7513-A, the same as any previous ones.

When I go into applications this is what I find for 1980... but I know it's the same for 82, & 3

It changed for '84 because that's when the Windsor pattern bell trucks got hydraulic clutch.

https://a.co/d/2OVYehi

Thanks Jim. It's Amazon so I'll give it a try. But, based on the dimensions, it's not going to work. The opening in my clutch housing is 3.125" x 2.5". The Amazon one is 3" x 3". But, we have Prime so if it's wrong, it can go back for free.

Thanks Jim. It's Amazon so I'll give it a try. But, based on the dimensions, it's not going to work. The opening in my clutch housing is 3.125" x 2.5". The Amazon one is 3" x 3". But, we have Prime so if it's wrong, it can go back for free.

Amazon is weird with dimensions.

Sometimes it's the package size, sometimes it makes no sense at all! :nabble_anim_crazy:

But it does say that it fits 1980, so if it's wrong they're good about returns. (Usually 😡!!!)

Amazon is weird with dimensions. Sometimes it's the package size, sometimes it makes no sense at all!

Well, that's not helpful.

But it does say that it fits 1980, so if it's wrong they're good about returns. (Usually 😡!!!)

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Amazon is weird with dimensions. Sometimes it's the package size, sometimes it makes no sense at all!

Well, that's not helpful.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I finally got a new phone.

Ordered some screen protectors and a case.

It went out for delivery, but was never delivered.

I tried to get reimbursed but there's no option for failed delivery.

There's no delivery confirmation or picture of it on my doorstep but they demand that I return it within a window now expired.

I call BS but I can't be bothered to let this stuff frustrate me

There's no delivery confirmation or picture of it on my doorstep but they

demand that I return it within a window now expired.

If you're a Prime member, that usually requires a phone call and you'll get a positive resolution. My wife has had to do that in the past.

There's no delivery confirmation or picture of it on my doorstep but they

demand that I return it within a window now expired.

If you're a Prime member, that usually requires a phone call and you'll get a positive resolution. My wife has had to do that in the past.

I definitely have Prime, but no phone #.

I'm too easily frustrated with situations like this to bother over $15.

They've failed to deliver literally one time out of hundreds.

It's not a hill to die on when you're dealing with a leviathan.