Bullnose Forums

Dual Exhaust System for a Flare Side

yes, it does seem logical to have a f.O.G. section or even a fog thread. but I do know it's easy to get cluttered by adding too many sub sections. perhaps better to have chapters by body, engine, manual trans, automatic trans etc. however, I have gotten use to using the site as it is, and the move is something I'm focused on. there is one (whydtytt) that has gotten so big that it takes very long to load, for me anyway. I wonder how that will be with the better format.

We do have the option of creating different things, like a FOG group. But I fear people will ask questions there that are or should be asked in the main section. We could say "Only ask questions specific to Flaresides", but not everyone knows what those are - and there aren't that many of them.

As for slow threads, I'm hoping that the new platform will fix, or greatly reduce, the time to load them. I know that Franklin moved all the forums to one server some time ago, and I think that is a big reason why it takes sooooo long to load. I hope. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

We do have the option of creating different things, like a FOG group. But I fear people will ask questions there that are or should be asked in the main section. We could say "Only ask questions specific to Flaresides", but not everyone knows what those are - and there aren't that many of them.

As for slow threads, I'm hoping that the new platform will fix, or greatly reduce, the time to load them. I know that Franklin moved all the forums to one server some time ago, and I think that is a big reason why it takes sooooo long to load. I hope. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

You're still loading the entire WHYDTYTT....

Imagine what that's like for someone on DSL or Hughesnet and what it does to someone who has limited data, if they keep going back to it for answers to their post?

Sorry, I coined the F.O.G. when we got a flurry of Flareside Owners, ...

Geez, and I've even used the abbreviation over at FTE. D'oh!

Does anyone have a definitive list of things that are unique to Flare Sides? Obviously the bed and the other things you mentioned. As I dismantle the F-100 parts truck, things really aren't that different between the Flare Side and the Style Side. However, aren't there subtle differences between 1980 trucks and the rest of the series (1981-86)?

As for forums and how things are laid out, I'm good with whatever the brain-trust decides to do.

Sorry, I coined the F.O.G. when we got a flurry of Flareside Owners, ...

Geez, and I've even used the abbreviation over at FTE. D'oh!

Does anyone have a definitive list of things that are unique to Flare Sides? Obviously the bed and the other things you mentioned. As I dismantle the F-100 parts truck, things really aren't that different between the Flare Side and the Style Side. However, aren't there subtle differences between 1980 trucks and the rest of the series (1981-86)?

As for forums and how things are laid out, I'm good with whatever the brain-trust decides to do.

I'm aware that F-100 trucks could come without power brakes and that some had a car lug pattern, but I don't think that's unique to Flaresides.

1980's had a unique flex circuit, some subtle wiring differences, and the door locks changed to 'pin type' at some point.

Again I don't think this stuff in the cab was unique, but across the board for all pickups.

I'm aware that F-100 trucks could come without power brakes and that some

had a car lug pattern, but I don't think that's unique to Flaresides.

I knew this as well. My '81 F-100 Style Side has the same lug pattern as my '80 Flare Side does (and thank goodness because the Bullet Hole wheels look good on the Flare Side). It does have king pins. And, to my eye, the TIBs are thinner looking than the TIBs on the F-150.

1980's had a unique flex circuit, some subtle wiring differences, and the

door locks changed to 'pin type' at some point.

Again I don't think this stuff in the cab was unique, but across the board

for all pickups.

What's a Flex Circuit?

My '81 F-100 (built in 1/81) has the sliding door locks. I thought sliding door locks was an 1980-81 or 1980-82 thing.

Man are we off topic.......:nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm aware that F-100 trucks could come without power brakes and that some

had a car lug pattern, but I don't think that's unique to Flaresides.

I knew this as well. My '81 F-100 Style Side has the same lug pattern as my '80 Flare Side does (and thank goodness because the Bullet Hole wheels look good on the Flare Side). It does have king pins. And, to my eye, the TIBs are thinner looking than the TIBs on the F-150.

1980's had a unique flex circuit, some subtle wiring differences, and the

door locks changed to 'pin type' at some point.

Again I don't think this stuff in the cab was unique, but across the board

for all pickups.

What's a Flex Circuit?

My '81 F-100 (built in 1/81) has the sliding door locks. I thought sliding door locks was an 1980-81 or 1980-82 thing.

Man are we off topic.......:nabble_smiley_happy:

The mylar wiring that connects to the back of the instrument cluster.

I believe the slide locks were a running change, but I definitely know the '80 has them and they vanished before hydraulic clutches happened.

It's your thread.

You could change the title, or you could just wander off topic all you like.🙂