Bullnose Forums

OEM steel rims

if you are looking for the "styled" steel wheels then I believe they used them up through the mid 90s. these are the factory wheels that looked a lot like the old "western" wheels. you know the ones that always came in white. finding the wheels is not real hard. finding good center caps and redlined trim rings can be. they made this wheel in 7.5" width and 8" width. I find sets on marketplace fairly often because they have come to be more valuable. I even have a standing order with two yards at all times.

Just looking for the plain steel rims. Just curius what years would fit and look correct.

I wanted new (unrusted & unmolested) steelies for my truck.

I ended up buying Wheel Vintiques through Summit's eBay store.

They look the part and fit my type 3 wheel covers just fine.

While I have a different lug pattern, 5 on 5.5 is really common. I'm sure they have something to suit your needs.

I wanted new (unrusted & unmolested) steelies for my truck.

I ended up buying Wheel Vintiques through Summit's eBay store.

They look the part and fit my type 3 wheel covers just fine.

While I have a different lug pattern, 5 on 5.5 is really common. I'm sure they have something to suit your needs.

basic 5 on5.5 steels shouldn't be hard to find but I fear they might be. so many have been recycled. as many trucks as I have dealt with, I only have a couple and I only use them for spares. I like to match the spare on a truck if I have the option. my f100 has the small bolt pattern available from 80-82. beware of these in your search. f150s had the large bolt pattern though.

basic 5 on5.5 steels shouldn't be hard to find but I fear they might be. so many have been recycled. as many trucks as I have dealt with, I only have a couple and I only use them for spares. I like to match the spare on a truck if I have the option. my f100 has the small bolt pattern available from 80-82. beware of these in your search. f150s had the large bolt pattern though.

Thanks. I have a lead on a set. Need to convince the man te sell. He is parting out a 84 f150 and for some reason he is hesitant on selling the rims.

Thanks. I have a lead on a set. Need to convince the man te sell. He is parting out a 84 f150 and for some reason he is hesitant on selling the rims.

don't forget to look at for 1/2-ton vans at junkyards too. same wheel and no one looks at vans.

Should be easy to find as take offs with old tires on Facebook. You can search for "Ford 15 inch wheels and tires"... I have learned in the last 2 years of Facebook experience .... that one way to find a good deal on something is when you search for things in the context of someone who might not know what they are selling :nabble_smiley_wink:

I have 2 sets myself with the hubcaps that I took off bullnoses and installed newer style rims before selling them. I wanted them sold but I've decided to keep them (at least 1 set)... The OEM steel ones I have are used if/when I need to haul something and need to swap tires to fit the trailer.

C7DEAF51-8E94-4B15-837C-6DEB80F28C7E.jpeg.9a8e07de863b0b256dedb419cba8a8b9.jpeg