Bullnose Forums

Cleaning carpets and seats with home-made-solution Pictures

I recently found a site where a lady tested 10 different home made solutions for upholstery her final pick was

1 cup white vinegar

1 cup water

1 tablespoon dawn

add scent as desired.

I used a spray bottle and a shop vac with a brush attachment. I sprayed it on heavy in large sections let it sit while I sprayed another section. Came back and scrubbed while vacuuming and the results were WAY beyond what I was expecting. Places where stains were the worst like oil and black stuff from god knows what (I have 4 kids one in particular who loved to ride) I just sprayed again an scrubbed as needed and they where gone too. I usually don't have a lot of faith in life hack stuff but this was crazy.

IMG_20240702_113021.jpg.4b2a18e8e927543942e08b40bee8bb10.jpg

IMG_20240702_112939.jpg.f8f3315535bfa3704aed543eea02931f.jpgIMG_20240702_112947.jpg.dece8c266bd8d8d710d0d135b0e67e31.jpg

IMG_20240702_113106.jpg.acefbcc56c819548789ac5d958d8f6e4.jpg

Surfactants are pretty amazing!

We've all seen the ads where they use Dawn to wash crude oil off birds feathers after a spill.

I'm not so sure how the acetic acid in vinegar helps or compounds the effect.

Did she mention that white, cider or wine vinegar worked better than others?

Also, you can get "cleaning" vinegar that is stronger than any meant for human consumption, but I expect "life hacks" to be whatever can be found in a normal household pantry.

The interior of your Bronco is looking great!

Glad this solution is working for you.

Thanks for sharing this tip and showing the results. :nabble_smiley_good:

Surfactants are pretty amazing!

We've all seen the ads where they use Dawn to wash crude oil off birds feathers after a spill.

I'm not so sure how the acetic acid in vinegar helps or compounds the effect.

Did she mention that white, cider or wine vinegar worked better than others?

Also, you can get "cleaning" vinegar that is stronger than any meant for human consumption, but I expect "life hacks" to be whatever can be found in a normal household pantry.

The interior of your Bronco is looking great!

Glad this solution is working for you.

Thanks for sharing this tip and showing the results. :nabble_smiley_good:

Very good results! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'll file that mix away for future use.

Very good results! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'll file that mix away for future use.

I use a BISSELL SpotClean Pro 3624 and it does an amazing job... the working principle is same as what you have done here (spray bottle + wet vac). The cleaning liquid is a bit pricey though and I don't think it stays fresh very long.

I will need to experiment with the liquid mix above to see if it works!!

Looks great. Do you have any before pictures?

I knew that was coming when I posted it I'm going to look and see but I doubt. There is still some spots in the back I need to hit so I'll repost when I do it. (Plain White Vinegar)