Bullnose Forums

FORD TRAINING MANUALS

As some of you know I've been given a bunch of Ford training manuals. I took a few minutes this morning to list the majority of them on the page at Library/Ford Training Manuals, of all places. :nabble_smiley_evil:

As you'll see there are ~26 manual listed at present, and none of them have been scanned and uploaded yet. So if you see one that really catches your interest then chime in here and maybe I can get it scanned.

One that looks particularly interesting is Air Inlet Control Systems. It says "This manual takes a close and thorough look at Air Inlet Control Systems used on current and past model Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles." It covers temp sensors, cold weather modulators, vacuum motors, hot air tubes and heat stoves, etc.

One statement in it got my attention: "Probably the most common occurrence that prevents accurate monitoring of air cleaner internal temperature is turning the cover of the air cleaner upside down in the mistaken belief that it will improve airflow and increase performance." I wonder what they'd say about ditching the whole heated-air system for a "hot air" intake system. :nabble_anim_confused:

One statement in it got my attention: "Probably the most common occurrence that prevents accurate monitoring of air cleaner internal temperature is turning the cover of the air cleaner upside down in the mistaken belief that it will improve airflow and increase performance."

Kids just like to hear the suck as the secondaries open!

The 429 in Grandma's Country Squire never sounded better, except when the muffler rotted off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

One statement in it got my attention: "Probably the most common occurrence that prevents accurate monitoring of air cleaner internal temperature is turning the cover of the air cleaner upside down in the mistaken belief that it will improve airflow and increase performance."

Kids just like to hear the suck as the secondaries open!

The 429 in Grandma's Country Squire never sounded better, except when the muffler rotted off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

it was always so common to see an open element chrome air cleaner sitting on a Holley. I still have a couple today! but I do wonder how much it may be costing me overall. especially days like today. it's hot enough coming into the radiator, not to mention how much heat is being drawn in under the hood. maybe its hood scoop time. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

it was always so common to see an open element chrome air cleaner sitting on a Holley. I still have a couple today! but I do wonder how much it may be costing me overall. especially days like today. it's hot enough coming into the radiator, not to mention how much heat is being drawn in under the hood. maybe its hood scoop time. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Yep, I've turned many an air cleaner lid over as the secondaries sound GOOD. "Hear those dual quads drink" had a lot of meaning.

As for the hood scoop, the cold air inlet beside the radiator is pretty effective.

Yep, I've turned many an air cleaner lid over as the secondaries sound GOOD. "Hear those dual quads drink" had a lot of meaning.

As for the hood scoop, the cold air inlet beside the radiator is pretty effective.

c'mon man . im trying to look cool too!

Gary, I see a lot of that in the Mopar groups on the FWD cars, putting a low restriction air filter on the intake behind the radiator wall. Chrysler actually did a pretty good job on the K cars and their offspring. The inlet is under and behind the left headlight where air from the front is pulled in and at speed has a ram effect. It is also used to cool the engine electronics on it's way to the air filter.

Gary, I see a lot of that in the Mopar groups on the FWD cars, putting a low restriction air filter on the intake behind the radiator wall. Chrysler actually did a pretty good job on the K cars and their offspring. The inlet is under and behind the left headlight where air from the front is pulled in and at speed has a ram effect. It is also used to cool the engine electronics on it's way to the air filter.

I used to have the mistaken understanding that open element air cleaners are the way to go. But after a bit of reading and then remembering the cold-air intakes that Detroit came up with, like on my own Super Bee, I realized that's not the smart approach. However, it does look ..... hot? (Can't say "cool" as it might be taken the wrong way.)