Bullnose Forums

New Member - Gday from down under

Gday, Ryan’s old man Julian here. We’re both looking forward to collecting the truck on Friday this week. We’re flying up to collect it, then have a 1,100 km (700 mile) drive to get it home. Not looking forward to the fuel bill for that trip! The guy we’re buying it from has imported roughly 40 vehicle from the States into Australia and has been very helpful, including recommending this forum. The 460s are quite rare here, with most trucks being 302 or 351 powered. Thanks for having us, and looking forward to learning a lot from you fellas.

Welcome Julian! :nabble_waving_orig:

Glad to have you aboard.

I've spent 37 years with my 460, so maybe know a thing or two. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Gday, Ryan’s old man Julian here. We’re both looking forward to collecting the truck on Friday this week. We’re flying up to collect it, then have a 1,100 km (700 mile) drive to get it home. Not looking forward to the fuel bill for that trip! The guy we’re buying it from has imported roughly 40 vehicle from the States into Australia and has been very helpful, including recommending this forum. The 460s are quite rare here, with most trucks being 302 or 351 powered. Thanks for having us, and looking forward to learning a lot from you fellas.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm pleased that someone is recommending this forum. If you don't mind I'd like his/her email address to thank them.

As for the 460, there are several of us on here that have one of them. Vivek has recently gotten his going. Jim has driven the wheels, or at least the rear axle, off of his over the years and has swapped carbs a few times. And Bill and I've gone EFI with ours. Not sure how many miles Bill has put on Darth, but Big Blue has gotten several.

But the one thing all of us have in common is frequent visits to the gas pump. The adage of "A 460 will pass anything but a gas pump" isn't exactly true as there are faster trucks and dual tanks will usually let you get to every other gas pumps. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Welcome!