Bullnose Forums

9 inch diif leak

I bought a new third member for my 9 inch a while back. Finaly was able to put some miles on it. I have a leak on the 5 bolt flange where the pinion carrier bolts to the center section. It could be the o-ring. The pinion seal is dry. Does anyone know if the 5 bolt holes are blind holes are or they drilled all of the way thru? Maybe the bolts need sealant.

Always use sealant.

I like Loctute PST, but any anerobic gasket compound should work.

The pinion carrier was allready installed when I received the center section. Not sure if they are sealed are not. Going to pull it apart next weekend and take a look. I completly cleaned the oil off of it yesterday morning. Truck sat in the shop all day and night and had fresh oil on it. Completly dry by the pinion seal. Probably gonna pull the carrier and inspect the oring.

The pinion carrier was allready installed when I received the center section. Not sure if they are sealed are not. Going to pull it apart next weekend and take a look. I completly cleaned the oil off of it yesterday morning. Truck sat in the shop all day and night and had fresh oil on it. Completly dry by the pinion seal. Probably gonna pull the carrier and inspect the oring.

We used to spray things down with carb/brake cleaner and then use Desenex spray foot powder as a developer.

Show the leak every time....