Bullnose Forums

Air Cleaner functions

We do have the later coolant/washer reservoir but we have it mounted backwards due to some technical difficulties. We got that and the bracket off of a later model Bronco. Right now the reservoir is mounted where the air cleaner was on the Bronco.

We just recently acquired a new reservoir closer to the factory style but we havenโ€™t mounted it yet.

Iโ€™d love the toolbox but the price they are going for is insane.

Ok, so you don't have the aux battery tray. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so you don't have the aux battery tray. :nabble_smiley_good:

No. I've considered pulling one from the junkyard but I don't think we really need an extra battery. I guess we would mount other things to it though.

No. I've considered pulling one from the junkyard but I don't think we really need an extra battery. I guess we would mount other things to it though.

Be careful of falling into Gary's trap!

He has SO MUCH stuff under-hood that not only is the 350 Superduty spring rating exceeded... you couldn't drop a dime in there and have it fall through to hit the floor. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

He has SO MUCH stuff under-hood that not only is the 350 Superduty spring rating exceeded... you couldn't drop a dime in there and have it fall through to hit the floor. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Iโ€™m not sure it is a trap, but the engine compartment certainly is FULL. The aux battery adds to the problem, but so does the EFI system with the remote air cleaner & power distribution box. The combination of those two means that the coolant/washer reservoir had to be relocated to the PS fender. But thereโ€™s also a PDB on that fender. Then thereโ€™s the somewhat large 460, โ€ฆ.

Jim, before Gary bought BB, he was looking at a picture of Darth underhood and asked how high they had to drop the 460 from to get it in. Then all the issue trying to get headers to fit, not hit anything and not leak (and he wonders why I do not want headers on Darth).

Darth has actually better access than my 1977 F150 did around the 390 I put in it using factory mounts and accesory brackets. Number 4 plug was a pain to get at with AC system casing.

Jim, before Gary bought BB, he was looking at a picture of Darth underhood and asked how high they had to drop the 460 from to get it in. Then all the issue trying to get headers to fit, not hit anything and not leak (and he wonders why I do not want headers on Darth).

Darth has actually better access than my 1977 F150 did around the 390 I put in it using factory mounts and accesory brackets. Number 4 plug was a pain to get at with AC system casing.

Another thing that caused problems was the use of the F450 master and hydroboost. Both are longer than the original stuff and that caused the A/C muffler to touch the brake master, which causes all sorts of noises in the cab.

So it is tight under the hood. But it sure runs good. :nabble_smiley_good: