Bullnose Forums

Air Cleaner functions

That is for the breather filter.

There is a (sorta) curved plastic tray that holds a piece of white Scotch Brite stuff.

A forked metal clip on the outside, and an elbow with a hose that goes to the breather where you fill the oil on the front of the valve cover.

Do you want pictures???

ok I believe we got the hose for that one then too, gotta see where on my engine that goes to, but I believe Will is familiar with it, just wanted to make sure of what was over there. Thanks Jim!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill now has sequential port fuel injection from a '96 Cali or Massachusetts 460.

I have his air cleaner.

There were two plastic elbows attached there, those hoses fed the twin air pumps.

If you don't have air pumps, and want to plug the holes I can show you the rubber Dorman master cylinder seals I've used to block them off.

Do either of those holes go to the valve covers?

have you noticed any benefit from the flow adapter (I forget the brand and actual name) but I do remember using them years ago when doing a bit of hotrodding in my youth.

It's called a K&N Stub Stack.

You notice it at the track, and I figure anything that has a proven track record is worthwhile.

Besides, it was lurking in the bowels of my track box from when I had my Notch GT.

Why not put it to use? 🤷‍♂️

It's called a K&N Stub Stack.

You notice it at the track, and I figure anything that has a proven track record is worthwhile.

Besides, it was lurking in the bowels of my track box from when I had my Notch GT.

Why not put it to use? 🤷‍♂️

this is where I "face palm". stub stack! it has been a few years, but we used them.

this is where I "face palm". stub stack! it has been a few years, but we used them.

Did you feel they helped?

Did you do any blind testing?

It certainly can't hurt, to smooth out the inlet radius.

Have you studied any Ricardo?

That's really getting back to basics!

Did you feel they helped?

Did you do any blind testing?

It certainly can't hurt, to smooth out the inlet radius.

Have you studied any Ricardo?

That's really getting back to basics!

all I know is when we were out front, we kept going. if not, we kept tweaking

I was pretty certain on that setup for their driver's side valve cover.

I'm unsure of the passenger's side. Does one hole go to the other valve cover or to the PCV valve? Our air cleaner has two large holes on that side as well.

Also, in your pictures, what is the black piece around the bottom of the air cleaner and top of the carburetor?

I was pretty certain on that setup for their driver's side valve cover.

I'm unsure of the passenger's side. Does one hole go to the other valve cover or to the PCV valve? Our air cleaner has two large holes on that side as well.

Also, in your pictures, what is the black piece around the bottom of the air cleaner and top of the carburetor?

hahahaha