Bullnose Forums

OUR NEW NAME AGAIN - PLEASE VOTE!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff no vote needed for who the enthusiast is that would be Gary hands down.

Ok, so voting «Bullnose Truck Enthusiast Club» is in fact voting Gary’s Club!

Nice try, it was subtil but sorry, you’re caught Gary.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

It is our club. I'm just happy y'all are here.

How 'bout I start a new thread with a new poll that gives us a clear way to vote for what you've come up with? We'll eliminate the "bible" ones 'cause no one likes them and use that space for what we really want.

But before I do, is this what we really want in place of "bible"?:

• Bullnose Truck Club

• Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Club

Right?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullnose Truck Club

Right?

Right.

The last one, for me:

—> Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Club.

With an “s”.

W’all happy to be here with you.

• Bullnose Truck Club

Right?

Right.

The last one, for me:

—> Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Club.

With an “s”.

W’all happy to be here with you.

OK Jeff, you can have your “S”. CJ

I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 on the loss of the "GarageMahal". I just love that little pun, it's pretty clever. It seems like the tide of opinion is against me, but if I were the Mughal Emperor for a day, I'd surely keep it. Maybe something like Bullnose Garagemahal or some such. (Also, my Indian wife was a little sad when I told her the website was contemplating changing the name).

Anyway, after I wiped the tears away, I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts Club".

I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 on the loss of the "GarageMahal". I just love that little pun, it's pretty clever. It seems like the tide of opinion is against me, but if I were the Mughal Emperor for a day, I'd surely keep it. Maybe something like Bullnose Garagemahal or some such. (Also, my Indian wife was a little sad when I told her the website was contemplating changing the name).

Well, we may not NEED to change. If the lawyer comes back and says we don't qualify as a 501C7 then we don't have to have an official name. But, if we are ever to change then when we cut over to InVision would seem like the time.

So since we don't yet have a definitive answer from the lawyer I've not posted a new poll on the name. Let's wait and see on that. And we can add something about garysgaragemahal if y'all (:nabble_smiley_happy:) want.

But, as background, when I built my shop someone in the family called it the garagemahal. And since it was built using some significant insulating techniques my daughter suggested that I capture how it was built on a website. Back then Apple had an easy way to create websites and she helped me document how the shop was built - using the URL garysgaragemahal.com.

Apple discontinued websites, but by then I'd added several things to my website and didn't want to lose it, so I found Weebly and recreated the website. Meanwhile I grew tired of answering the same questions over and over again on FTE so started documenting the answers to the frequently asked questions via FTE's photo album feature. Then IB, the host of FTE, made a change in the way albums were managed and that broke my documentation. So after contacting IB and getting nowhere I used my new website to recreate the documentation - and discovered that a true website is FAR superior for documenting things than a forum.

But then IB changed other things that caused me problems and I discovered that via Nabble I could have a forum for free. So several of us decided it was worth a try and here we are. As of today we have 2138 members, but recently we've been growing by 2 - 3 per day. So with Franklin making noises about shutting Nabble down and the ~7 years of good history we've compiled it is time to take this thing to some where that will provide a stable platform for the future.

That's the background on garysgaragemahal. It was, as Jon noted, a pun. Or, maybe as my father would have said, 2/3 of a pun - PU. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Well, we may not NEED to change. If the lawyer comes back and says we don't qualify as a 501C7 then we don't have to have an official name. But, if we are ever to change then when we cut over to InVision would seem like the time.

So since we don't yet have a definitive answer from the lawyer I've not posted a new poll on the name. Let's wait and see on that. And we can add something about garysgaragemahal if y'all (:nabble_smiley_happy:) want.

But, as background, when I built my shop someone in the family called it the garagemahal. And since it was built using some significant insulating techniques my daughter suggested that I capture how it was built on a website. Back then Apple had an easy way to create websites and she helped me document how the shop was built - using the URL garysgaragemahal.com.

Apple discontinued websites, but by then I'd added several things to my website and didn't want to lose it, so I found Weebly and recreated the website. Meanwhile I grew tired of answering the same questions over and over again on FTE so started documenting the answers to the frequently asked questions via FTE's photo album feature. Then IB, the host of FTE, made a change in the way albums were managed and that broke my documentation. So after contacting IB and getting nowhere I used my new website to recreate the documentation - and discovered that a true website is FAR superior for documenting things than a forum.

But then IB changed other things that caused me problems and I discovered that via Nabble I could have a forum for free. So several of us decided it was worth a try and here we are. As of today we have 2138 members, but recently we've been growing by 2 - 3 per day. So with Franklin making noises about shutting Nabble down and the ~7 years of good history we've compiled it is time to take this thing to some where that will provide a stable platform for the future.

That's the background on garysgaragemahal. It was, as Jon noted, a pun. Or, maybe as my father would have said, 2/3 of a pun - PU. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I'm glad I read all 3 pages. I was initially surprised to see the number of votes on the one with Bible in the name. But I'm voting for it since it counts towards Bullnose Truck Enthusiast (or Enthusiasts, either way) Club.

I'm glad I read all 3 pages. I was initially surprised to see the number of votes on the one with Bible in the name. But I'm voting for it since it counts towards Bullnose Truck Enthusiast (or Enthusiasts, either way) Club.

Alan - Duly noted. :nabble_smiley_good: